Saturday, May 05, 2007

I'm an Old Soul

Last evening, my Dad held a sort of wine gathering thingy at our place. As I was sent busy running errands in Carrefour, balancing plastic bags and bags of fruit, my phone rang.

Mum: Girl, we want to switch on your stereo?
Me: For what?
Mum: Oh, we like the songs you always play in your room.
Me: ...
Mum: It's the kind that is played during our times you know.
Me: Don't have lah, my songs all very new one ok.
Mum: No, no, I heard the Beatles before. You listen to very old songs.

Well, I don't know if I should cry or laugh that my taste in music is impeccably ancient. I think the live band at Timbre on Monday sucks. The live band at Bala's yesterday was mediocre, but there was quite some screaming and screeching which isn't really palatable to my ears.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

wah lau, u only listen to jazzy and classic stuff, no wonder u like the sat's band at Bala.

12:45 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

whatever.

let's go listen at barstop. it's under the management of bala's so the band should be my kind, i hope. no more screeching, thanks very much.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home