Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nightmare

Last night, I dreamt I was at a war infested area. Some military personnel entered my room and decided Mister Toto was wasting resources. Hence, they promptly shot him at the belly. I burst into tears and used my hands to try to curb all the blood from spurting out. Then I attempted to carry him (although in real life, I might have some difficulties) amidst my clouded vision of tears to look for a vet, despite friends and families telling me it was hazardous and futile in the gunfire outside.

Retrospectively, as I narrated my nightmare now, I observe the relevance of the dream to my concerns I had when my professor was trying to persuade me in the phone call yesterday to work in Hong Kong. Although he kept insisting he would respect my decision if I go into the industry, he spent an hour psyching on how an academic career can be paved with my move, etc.

I voiced my factor of apprehension as family, when truthfully (and many would say stupidly), I am really sad about leaving Mister Toto alone. If I were to articulate this concern to anybody, I bet they would probably roll their eyes and go 'He is just a dog, for god's sake!'

Some can be callous and cold-hearted. But I don't think I am up to it.

6 Comments:

Blogger eha said...

you treat toto like family, which is why you can't bear to go overseas without him. though i have never had a pet before, there are a lot of things here that i do not wish to leave behind, so i can comprehend how you feel.

but is this opportunity a good move for you in your career or it's just so so? perhaps you want to think it through.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Luna said...

normally dream is reflection of your subconcious mind.. and in your case, it really is.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

stay stay! there's a lot of other things that u should stay for! haha.. =p

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup yup, guess he's family to you too. He's not a silly reason to want to stay. :)

I do think too, that when you are ready to venture out, you'll feel excited and will want to do it without anyone persuading you. Maybe it's not time yet.

12:01 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

yeah, i have been to usa to stay for half a year. But recently I think he's getting old. I am trying to negotiate for a shorter stay in HK. HK isn't the most delightful place for me to go perhaps. The place and position itself isn't very attractive sufficiently to justify leaving home, I guess.

Anyway, Jane, just exactly what is the OTHER things I am supposed to stay for? You blaming me for your 'weight increase' huh? Haaa.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long your prof wants you to stay in HK? You can consider 3 months or less... if you really can't let go of things here lah.

For me I won't request you to stay or leave lah, as long as it's the best path for you to take. So think over carefully what you want in your career lor.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home