Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Singapore Fashion Festival

Woot! Here comes the Singapore Fashion Festival once again.

Before I commence, let me indulge in some geek-speak because someone asked me why the hell do I go woot-ing around like some owl. Coincidentally, I suddenly recalled that the name of the regular wine-guy (whose name I could never remember) at winebos is known as woot. Aha!

All right, geek-speak alert!
Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.

"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'


Yeah, anyway, 'tis the week where all the high-nosed snobs and fashionistas gather to have fun.


I am not quite qualified as either but I did had fun when I attended the Nokia sponsored Calvin Klein Runway Show last year. Has it been a year only? It seemed so far away. Gee.

Well, I can collect invites that admits two for several shows. Not that I will be attending all of them, of course, since I will probably be the lowest-ROI attendee, participating only to gawk, make snide remarks and not buy. If you all are interested in attending any fringe events, I can give ya the invites for the shows I am not attending (which is most of them, anyway).

There is a Raoul show, as well as Levi's on 29th March. Sandy, it is your call.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time in US, I'll always go to woot.com to see their daily deals...

Usually will make you go 'woot'! as well.

Anyway, for the Fashion shows rite, any perks for going (eg. free food and wine)...? Other than the obvious fact that you can ogle at pretty models. Heh. =P

1:14 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

ehh not sure about the free food and wine although there were some at previous shows i went. This one, I am not certain because they are just fringe events.....

1:47 AM  
Blogger musette said...

If I can choose, I wanna watch shows by Raoul, Max Mara, Calvin Klein, Topshop, alldressedup blah blah blah.

Levi's show at 5pm but you can't make it. Oh well, work comes first!

10:24 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Eh how, can you collect the invites on my behalf a not? Or do I need to go down personally? Hmm, Friday 7pm one, can?

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home