Monday, March 12, 2007

A Sunday of Diversity

The Sunday was started with much excitement, looking forward to seeing how Heidi have grown since she left my care months ago to her new home with Catherine. We were going to initiate Heidi with her first nature trek ever! Woohoo. And what a darling she was.

Now looky. This was how tiny she was when she was with me.



See that bear she slept with? I think I got it as a birthday present during my secondary school days. Hee.

Ta dah, and now she is all grown up!


So, the trek was pretty all right. I have been to Bukit Brown Cemetery for a previous hash before and I imagine all the souls resting there must be like cursing me for stepping on their graves all over again. Each time I crossed over a grave, I tried to give a silent apology and hope the kind souls would sense it from the bottom of my heart.

I haven't the faintest idea why Toto is looking so comfortable under a guy's legs. His preference for males is really getting disturbing.


Along the way, some emergency occured and the medics sprang to action.


Toto's lust for Suria seemed to have diminish. But I caught him trying to hump Kaiser. And they say women are fickle. Bah.


Here are three babes looking extremely euphoric.


Ah, little Heidi having a drink.


Well, the humans need their water break too, ya know.


All in all, a good sweatout for a Sunday morning. It is always great to start the week with a strong dosage of endorphins.

I rushed home, muddy, riddled with insect bites and sweat-stained. It was a miracle I was able to get ready in time for one of my pal's ROM ceremony at One Rochester in about 45 minutes. In fact, I was checking if I had any mud stains left on my feet as I hopped into the cab for the event. Haa.

The ceremony was a beautiful one and there was a deep sense of happiness within me, watching a decade-old friend progressing into the next stage of her life.

Congratulations, Emmie and Kit!


Anyhoo, the ambience is quaint and beautiful. The food is pretty good, too.


For more photos, click here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi looks so sweet as a puppy! feel like holding and squeezing her and never letting go :p

hopefully the next trek will have more water (not the chest-height type though)... crocodiphobia!

5:27 PM  
Blogger anywool said...

hoho!!! hahaha joy, heidi is still a v sweet dog! haha but all dogs r sweet creatures.. if we treat them right... :)

the trek really made me understand my dog better.. whee! thanks for everything wor, sorry to have troubled u if anything at all..

10:17 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

joy: yeah. I am a crocodiphobe as well. Now, who isn't? Maybe as a precaution, all grab a parang when crossing such waters.

cat: hee, yeah heidi is indeed very sweet. And it's strange she can't remember Toto, the culprit who snapped of part of her ears! She's polite, though. Being afraid to drink from Toto's bowl when he's around.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Catherine! it was nice meeting you and Heidi on sunday. I'm sure with time, Heidi will become more and more confident. she was no trouble at all lah :)

YL, that night i even dreamt that i was attacked by a crocodile. so scary. i think prevention is still better then cure. haha. so for now, think we'll just stay away from sites where there have been crocodile sightings!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Babe said...

yo...didn't realise that you had to rush from your trekking! haha....lucky you were still in time :P Hope the walk back wasn't that long afterall! thanks for coming dear..:P

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home