Friday, March 23, 2007

Lemony Snicket

When life throws you lemons, make lemonade - so quotes the popular proverb. Well, if life throws me lemons now, I will grab them, kiss them and store them in a crate. I am beginning to see the yellow fruit in a brand new light. Hurray for lemons! Woot woot.

Anyway, I know I sound a tad kooky and quite irrelevant here but do add a dosage of lemon in your life. Be it your jug of plain water at home, your huge mug of sugar cane juice at the hawker center, or your plain glass of iced-cold coke. It will do you good!

On a totally unlemony note, I started the weekend early with Jane at Winebos last night. We were totally starved and ordered a load of happy food like fries, chicken wings and cheese mussels. I think we were a strange sight when the food arrived. Hee.

So, the regular wine guy (whose name I never could recall) recommended a rose pink wine known as the White Zinfandel. It is kinda too sweet for my liking, though.

Kent, the ubiquitous lady there, was much friendlier than usual yesterday, approaching me a few times "How are you, dear? Is there only two of you? Do you want me to shift you somewhere comfortable at the sofas inside?" I haven't seen her that friendly in ages, honestly. Maybe she was pleased with the food we were gorging on. Ha ha.

Anyway, she recommended a Shiraz, which wasn't quite agreeable among Jane and WX. I am quite trained to the taste of Shiraz since it tailors to my dad's palate.

Jane & the Bean


It is quite amazing how we manage to make our way to J Bar at M hotel on foot. Well, I call that the power of pheremones. I was just tagging along blindly. As a courtesy gesture, I nursed a few glasses of whisky and soda before heading home.

Now, I have just received a sms from the babe that she is on a halfday MC due to a major hangover and puking last night! Dudette, cannot mix then don't mix lah. Tsk!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys look like you're at the happy high stage... *envious*

i'm so dying for a drink but by the time my shift ends, most of the pubs are already closed :(

3:14 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Aw, don't be envious. Next time we can go for drinks as well. When your bewitching night hours ends, that is!

Or, you can go for breakfast, act gung-ho and ask the kopitiam uncle "One tiger please."

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for not putting my photo up =P
need to keep my web footprints to a minimal. ;)

2:08 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

eh, my blog is open to invited readers only what. Btw, the yosemite pics is free for all ONLINE. ha.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

ooi, thanks for that pic leh, it's not at all flattering lo. WTF is with the power of pheromones? hmm, can we just put it simply as "wanting another drink?" hee

5:41 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

are you sure you really wanted another drink huh.... come on.. don't kid yourself... :P

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home