Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lazy Bug

I have been hit by the lazy bug real bad. I used to blog the moment I flicked the computer on at my lab. However, nowadays, I usually work from home and the urge to blog seldom materialize. I have been busy, doing my workstuff and recently (finally) set up my work homepage. If you would even care to look at the rest of the staff in the Information Systems directory, you would realize my homepage sticks out like a sore thumb.

Anyway, yesterday was a day of random fortuitous events. I ordered a Regular Onion Rings and a Coke at Burger King as part of my dinner for the Starlight Cinema movie (which I won tickets to, a week ago. I must add that I hardly win anything.) As the countergirl brought me my food in paperbags, I patiently took my drink out of the paper bag and folded the bag neatly. Conserve paper, okay. She returned with two more paper bags, shoved them in my hands and thanked me.

I sauntered away, slightly puzzled at the presence of two paper bags. I had a drink in my hand, and wondered how my Regular packet of Onion Rings have been split into two bags.

When I finally opened one of the bags, I realized it contained Mozarella Chicken Cheese Sticks as well! Ho, ho.

Anyway, the tickets I won came in the form of an email which admits two. Sandy printed out two copies because we thought each of us needed to be arm with one copy. Two other friends came along with us, with the intention of purchasing tickets. For some strange reason, the ticketing boy took a glance at our email printouts and said we could each bring another person in for free. This is extremely warped, considering we were printing two copies of the same email. If I were to print like a hundred copies, I could bring my entire extended family and social circle there for a party!

Well, we survived the 3-hour King Kong movie and I must say I was guffawing quite a lot, no thanks to Sandy's constant translation of Mister Kong's grunts. It was rather surreal to watch the movie against the Central Business District skyline. I was half expecting King Kong to appear and start scaling the UOB building or something. Haa.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey I'm doing informationa systems too...but not a phd candidate la. hahaha

This reminds me of
http://www.designbyfire.com/?p=5

12:41 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

really! you doing your masters then? By coursework? By research? Hmm!

1:27 PM  
Blogger eha said...

i will think that your website is interactive enough :) pretty good, what's with the sore thumb expression?

anyway, will be good if your font are not caps as it makes reading a little difficult but i guess that's just your conception and yes i accept that :)

have always like your works.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah... I finally see an update!

For a moment I thought my Firefox cache is having problems refreshing. Heh.

Your work homepage is cool leh, why you say stick out like sore thumb? Sounds negative when you put it that way...

9:34 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Oh, i mean the faculty's site are usually static and more practical. Mine is kinda.... fanciful and frivalous, over the top? I don't know. Hur...

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, havent' been visiting ur site.. Impressive vitae ;) all in a package -- beautiful and intelligent

9:20 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Gee thanks Jacey. I don't think my vitae is very impressive though. there are many more impressive vitaes out there. hur....

oh and beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Oh! you are my beholder, then. haa

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see...

("Fanciful & frivalous") VS. (Profs with webpages in static HTML or worse such as .txt files)

I'll pick the former anytime.

And I second Jacey's comment! =D

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup part time masters coursework...oh and its NTU's info systems. :P

Hell, I didn't even know NUS has a info systems department..:/

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home