Monday, September 04, 2006

Shasha and a Meme

Last Friday, I came across the most adorable Retriever when bringing Toto for his late night pee. She was whining non-stop, presumably from loneliness and fear in her new surroundings, until she saw me. She stuck her snout through the gates for me to nuzzle and finally slumped on the ground as an invitation for me to rub her tummy. I squatted outside my neighbor's house for the longest time, oblivious to Toto's disapproving stares, until the Retriever gradually fell asleep.

The next day, I asked my neighbor for permission to bring Shasha for a walk. Shasha will be there for a week because her owners are away on a vacation. So, here are both Shasha and Toto on a hot afternoon walk.






Notice most of the pictures have poor Shasha trying to catch up with a disinterested Toto. I do think Toto is really gay, with no whatsoever interest in female canines. That is very worrying, because Toto's mistress (that is me, apparently *cough*), has very good impression of Shasha. However, you know, arranged marriages are a thing of the past, sadly.

Don't you think they look quite compatible? :P






Anyway, Shasha doesn't seem to be used to long walks. As Lina, me and Toto continued on our usual trek, Shasha who was super hyperactive at the start, seemed to be so exhausted she stopped at every tree. We literally have to push her butt on to keep her walking. With every rest stop, Toto looked mildly exasperated. Ha ha.

Subsequently, even with the intermittent rest stops, Shasha finally succumbed to her exhaustion, laid down on the grass and refused to move!


We cut short our route and headed home instead.

Alas! As we rested in my air-conditioned room, Mister Toto ungraciously growled and snapped at poor Shasha when she trotted around the room, sniffing at his stuff. What an ungentlemanly gesture! No wonder no girlfriends until now lah. Orbi good.

Okay, since Toto is already so dismal in his getting-to-know-more-bitches attempt, he cannot afford to ignore tags by fellow canine friends, can he? :P

So here goes: The five weird and wonderful habits of a highly effective blogdog .

1. I sing to to the honking of the garang guni man daily.


Don't ask me why the video is upside down. Ho ho.

2. I lead all visitors to my snack cupboard and I whine till they feed me.

3. I need to step on the beanbag before going to sleep at night.

4. I get excited and go into a barking frenzy when my mistress puts on her cap and jogging shoes.

5. I start to whine at 7am, 3pm and 8 plus pm in the evening for my walks, unless it is raining.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tag toto to do this meme:

The five weird and wonderful habits of a highly effective blogdog

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... amusing post.
Maybe Mr Toto prefers a bitch (pardon the irony) who can keep up with him? =P
And I guess he's quite firm on his rejections too.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

toto's a guy mah, so must act cool towards shasha at first lah.. =)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

har har har... the singing is so glorious!!! it is so funny...

I didn't know that BCs can howl!!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

s: Eh you mean kingsley doesn't howl?? Maybe if you get the honking device the garung guni man uses, he would! I have seen another BC howling to it too!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'm sure there are other habits too, just that the mistress has chosen to 'censor' it. Ha.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those two dogs look so adorable together lahh. :P

Maybe Toto might be jealous because he is so used to getting all the attention from you? ;)

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home