Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mildly Amused

Last night, I was with some friends at Winebar when I decided to pay a visit to the loo. At the cramped ladies' room, I saw one of the HYP student I supervised for the past year.

Me: Hey you.

She looked up from leaning on her friend's shoulders and threw me a bewildered look.

Student: I know you!
Me: Uh huh.
Student: I know you!!! But why???
Me: Er... because I am your final year project supervisor?

Her eyes suddenly widened in recognition.

Student: OH YES! OH SHIT!
Me: ...
Student: (To her friend) MY HYP SUPERVISOR IS HERE!
Student: (To me) I AM SO SORRY! I AM ABIT DRUNK.
Me: Oh, it's ok. How are you?
Student: How are you?!
Me: I'm good. What's your final year project grade?
Student: Oh *holds her head in her palms* I've got a B.
Me: Oh, that is not too bad.
Student: I'm sorry! I am abit drunk!
Me: Relax, but I need to use the loo.

I proceeded into one of the cubicle and was disgusted to find a puddle of puke at the side. Hmm, it was probably her. From inside the toilet, I could hear her outside the restroom, screeching in her bewildered voice to someone 'My HYP SUPERVISOR IS INSIDE THE TOILET!'

Right... I thought as I proceeded the common basins outside to wash my hands. She was seated near the basins with her friend, still going 'MY HYP SUPERVISOR IS INSIDE THE TOILET!' I am starting to wonder if I did traumatize her that much.

Student: (To random somebody) My HYP supervisor is inside the toilet!!!

I turned slowly from the basins and waved to her.

Me: Actually, I'm out already.
Student: (Sudden realization) OH SHIT! MY HYP SUPERVISOR IS HERE.
Me: ...
Student: THERE SHE IS! THERE SHE IS! HI!
Me: (To her friend) Is she all right?
Friend: Yes, yes, she will be fine...
Me: Oh okay, please take care of her.

Avoiding any stares that followed, I hurriedly walked out of the washroom areas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Babe said...

hahhaaa...either the situation was really that hilarious, or u just have a splendid way of making it seem farnie :P haha

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has a splendid way of making it funny.

By 'reporting' it in the most un-funny way possible.

Heh. =P

1:59 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Eh wah, so paradoxical. What unfunny way? Funny in an unfunny way?! Am I supposed to feel flattered or insulted.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha abit drunk? sounds like very drunk sia. lol. so cute la she.

i like it when ppl r drunk. v entertaining. hurhur.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flattered of course...

It means that by being the 'unfunny' way you usually are... it makes the article sound funny.

Yeah, it's funny because you wrote it in an 'unfunny' manner in a sense.

=P

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home