Monday, July 24, 2006

A Year Older

Extremely self-involved people are heightened to aspects of the environment that are relevant only to themselves. Despite the rest of the world being oblivious, self-involved individuals are often sentisized to those factors just because they themselves are. The world basically exists just for themselves.

That is some psychological titbit for today, dear readers. :)

I had quite a bit of fun on Saturday night with my pals. We started out at Winebar with quite a few drinks, from bottled beers, glasses of cosmopolitan to daiquiris.





Sandy mentioned she felt a little light-headed but gamely continued to Velvet.(She hasn't much choice, has she?)



The drinking continued with several jugs of mixers. As the clock approached midnight, I returned from the washroom after a crazy bout of coughing, to find two lamborghinis waiting to be flamed, much to my dismay.

Despite my protests that I am ill and still madly coughing my guts out (Shuling can vouch for it), they insisted I finished not one, but two of them. Someone mentioned the heat is probably good for warming my throat. Yeah, right.


Yeap, that is me with the "Are you kidding me?" look on my face.


The waiter had this really sympathetic look on his face, looking as though he was sorry he had to be the one who do the flames.



After the first one was finished, I stopped slightly after sipping half of the second lamborghini, only to hear much protests once more. Sigh. I perservered. It actually tasted quite good. Warm and chocolatey, with all the Kahlua. Mmm. But you know, one has to grimace abit to show she are under duress and torture. Otherwise, evil people will make you drink more. Ha ha.


There I was, assuring the rest I was still quite fine after devouring the drinks.



We ordered another round of shooters to cheer to the uncheerable fact of turning a year older before proceeding to Phuture. The waiter who took my order for the shooters was the same guy who did the flames. 'Woah, you two flaming lamborghinis not enough ah?' he inquired. We had more bottled beers admist plenty of silly games.


So, one of the silly games we played is the one above. It is called "青蛙,青蛙,跳!" All I knew then was that Shuling kept being forfeited to drink.


Hilarious.

Sometime in the wee hours of the night, I went to the washroom with Shuling. She was looking all fine and dainty, chatting on the phone with a friend when suddenly she turned sick. Seeing her puke sobered me up and I subsequently helped her out for some rest.

Shortly, we got into the cab and I must say I was quite embarrassed to ring Shuling's doorbell and wake her mum up at 5 am in the morning.

Me: Sorry, Auntie, to wake you up.
Auntie: Aiyor! Why like that?
Me: ...
Auntie: Eh, Happy Birthday.

Isn't Auntie the sweetest? Being awokened at dawn with toussled hair and stale breath, but still remembering to wish me. What a gem. I would have bitten my own head off. Ha ha.

My birthday loot is quite amazing. It comprises of:
1) a set of rose shaped earrings and necklace
2) a pair of Asics running shoes
3) a Borders Gift Card
4) tennis apparel
5) a Zara top
6) a Swatch ring
7) a set of Bobbi Brown Lip glosses
8) a number of ang pows

Okay, if only now the credit card companies will be nice to me and waive all my bills. Dream on, me.

More photos over here.

5 Comments:

Blogger musette said...

Your captions really tickled me! I didn't even know I was grinning to myself while staring at the PC that my mum asked me "What are you looking at, to be grinning like that?" *sticks out tongue*

Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY once again to the girl who rocks my world! ;-)

11:12 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

aww. now isn't that the best birthday present?? Hee.

You rock my world too! Just don't let any of your admirers see your comment! Hee.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I see the effects of age affecting one's errmz... sexual orientation. =P

Anyway, hope you get well soon. Flaming lamborghinis do help in getting your throat cleared... if you're drinking the fire before it's extinguished... =P

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it's been a while since I stopped by... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! Great pictures :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Thank you thank you all...! :)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home