Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Marvellous Monday

With hardly enough sleep from the weekend activities, I dragged myself out from bed to school for a morning seminar. For someone who is as jinxed as me, who is prone to watching buses leave the moment I reached the bus stop, who helpless look at elevator doors close as I near, whose toast always land buttered-side-up, I must say this Monday hinted a slightly different trend.

The first signs emerged when I left the house and caught the elusive bus just in time. The shuttle bus within the campus arrived just as I alighted from the first bus.

The seminar was quite enjoyable and I breezed through it without feeling sleepy at all! Amazing.

When I returned to my laboratory, I checked my phone for missed calls and text messages. Apparently, Candice informed me that she has FREE TICKETS TO COLDPLAY!

OMFG. I stopped breathing for a moment.

If she were in front of me, I would have kissed her!

So, from then on, I was delirious with joy. Never mind the stupid traffic jams that plagued the highways all the way to the venue. Never mind the lack of food the Nokia Premiere offered. Never mind I have an impending stressful early-morning meeting the next day.

We headed for the Nokia Premiere at Oregon Restaurant for some food. I had a glass of wine despite my own reminders to stay away from alcohol. I think I might have overworked my liver during the weekend.





At about 830pm, we decided to look for our seats. The crowd was increasing by the minute.




20 minutes later, the lights went off and the stadium went wild.


COLDPLAY!!!



My favorite part was when Chris Martin started warbling "Yellow". Chris Martin danced uncannily like the lead singer in Maroon 5.


Oh, and the way he plays the piano is sooooo alluring! Very sexy... *Smacks lips*

I had a wonderful, wonderful time. Thanks a million, Candice! :)

Oh, the marvels of this Monday continued as we went for supper at Chomp Chomp. For some reasons unknown, the plate of greasy Hokkien Prawn Noodles and sticks of delectable satay were able to make both of us extremely contented.

Mmm.

I'm happy! Hee Hee Hee.

4 Comments:

Blogger musette said...

You LUCKY girl!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG! You got free tics to the concert??? Geez... I had to fork out $170 for my free standing ones! The only consolation - I was only a few rows from the stage. Felt the concert was good, but a little too short. Also, can't really dance or rock to their music, but that's to be expected.

10:35 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Oh gee, I had a good time dancing and rocking to the music! I was on my feet half the time!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Babe said...

hehe, you're sooo lucky!! hahaha....so envious even though I dun like coldplay...but got free tix leh...you're sooooo lucky!! hahahha

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home