Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gee Whee

I am at the prime of my jinxedness. For Italy vs. Australia, I supported the Roos and they were cruelly sent home with an undeserved penalty. For Brazil vs. Ghana, I supported the underdogs and god, did they miss the many opportunities they were bestowed.

Oh well, some sympathetic souls comforted, Italy and Brazil are afterall, quite the hot favorites, compared to Australia and Ghana - the noobs in the domain of World Cup.

Right. So what could go wrong by supporting the Spanish in the game of the team of French has-beens?

Apparently, anything. As long as I am rooting for the team, it has better beware. Look at the darn results.

Maybe I should start rooting for Italy. Hmm.

Anyhoo, I was flipping the Straits Times for match schedule when I saw the program on the usual listing slot for today. It says: Get some sleep.

For tomorrow, the program says: Say "Hi" to the people you have been ignoring since the start of World Cup.

Funny, these people at the Straits Times.

But hey. Hi!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

must be you are jinxing the teams by supporting them.. my poor socceroos!! :(

3:43 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

=(

I'm sorry! I avenge the Roos by supporting Italy now okay? HEEHEE. Later your mistress come beat me up.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please, please, starting rooting for Italy. They'll surely help to break your jinxedness. ;)

An interesting fact I observed last nite. Remember the Spanish ref gave away a 'dubious penalty' to Italy in the dying seconds against Australia? When I saw the ref for Spain-France, I was thinking 'WTF! No way, this ref is Italian!'. Ho ho... bound to kelong for sure... Why?

1. He may wanna 'repay' Spain for the 'aid', i.e. Italy-Australia.
2. France knocked out Italy in the dying minutes in Euro2000. May just sway towards Spain.

So, so... when a penalty was awarded to Spain, I was thinking 'Wow! It's all coming true!' But alas, France outclassed the opponents on their own merit. A deserving win for them.

Forza Azzurri!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping that Australia would get through. They've put up a tough fight, and it was a stroke of bad luck that Italy got through because of the penalty. :/

Ah, anyway. I tend to be jinxed too, do don't worry. You're not the only one. :P

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home