Sunday, June 18, 2006

Soccer Party!

Since some of my friends are not equipped with Starhub monopolistic screening of World Cup 2006, I decided to organize a haphazard gathering at my house to catch the Saturday matches.

We had quite a feast prepared - potato skins, french fries, chips, chocolate fondue, tray of strawberries, apples and marshmallows, beer and drinks all round.



Candice was the candle-lady of the night. Although she intended to cook some prawn with bacon thingy, somehow it didn't materialize! Instead, she lounged around the sofas, taking captive all the available cushions, as you can see below. Tsk, Tsk.





Soon, the guests started arriving. There was Cynthia, the face of Pokka green tea and her friend Lloyd.


Clarence, arrived after his grandmother's birthday dinner and spent much of his time fondling Mister Toto, much to my suspicious displeasure.


Oh, right, not to forget the last guest...


Lloyd had betted on Ghana but I was rooting for Czech Republic. See, my jinxed powers at work once more. Darn, it was a night of upset matches.

In between half-times, we played dai-dee and taboo, and we ate some more. No, what I meant is - I ate some more. I just kept eating. I must have put on a kilogram or more. Sheesh.







Some of the guests left at 2+ am, after the Czech-Ghana upset, leaving the few of us to survive the 3am Italy-USA onslaught. Mostly, only Clarence and I caught the entire match. Candice and Sandy fell asleep after commenting that the majority of the players looked much better in this match. Wahahahaha. Funny shite.



Anyway, Italy drew with USA 1-1. Woohoo! I was rooting for USA. Looks like my jinxed prowess has been slightly reduced. I'm sorry, folks. Stop asking me to jinx the teams you are not rooting for!

I roused the girls up after the match finally ended at about 5 to go to bed. We woke up this morning for some brunch, cartoons, before finally embarking on a short trek in Kent Ridge Park.


Toto is a lucky bastard, surrounded by two babes.




Over looking the canopies...



For more pictures, click here.

On the sadder news, Japan is as good as out. But Kawaguchi had a good game! He's the man!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! Why did your powers not work when it's most needed, i.e. Italia vs USA???

Japan is still in the running after Brazil defeated the Oz. Cross your fingers for the Brazilian coach to field their '2nd team' in the final match since they've already secured qualification.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have one more chance to look at the jap guys. Better than nothing. :)

Yeah, Kawaguchi made a wonderful penalty save!

9:11 AM  
Blogger musette said...

when's the next soccer parrrrrti? *looks hopefully*

1:40 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Aiyar, I think Japan is as good as out. This might be the last time I can see Kawaguchi then. Sigh.

Next soccer party har... okay la, maybe next weekend okay? Haa.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boh jiooo

otter

9:55 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

okay okay, jio you next time. But you abit underaged. Can drink alcohol one a not. Some more you stay so far...

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never jio me also. Haha. And definitely not underaged to drink. =P

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home