Monday, June 12, 2006

Holiday Mode

After hours of shopping yesterday, we settled comfortably into NYDC for desserts. Lifen and Lifang mentioned organizing a short trip to Kuching, comprising activities from trekking to plain slacking by the beach. It sounded really tempting until the thought of my impending credit card bills struck me like a cruel bolt of lightning.

Anyway, imagine my delight when I read the papers today regarding SPH's free Latin music symphony at the Botanic Gardens. I rang Sandy up immediately to sound her out on the prospect of spending a pleasurable evening picnicking, almost free-of-charge. She could bring the beer she just bought from DFS, I could bring some food. Mmm.

Alas, the weather was not to be. Instead, we headed to Corduroy and Finch for tea. Did I say I need to cut down on my expenditure on food? Oh wait, let me just stick my foot down my throat, thank you very much.







After tea, Sandy decided to head to my home to mope around. Together with my brother and his buddy, both of us wasted 90 minutes plus of our lives catching the live telecast of Holland vs. Serbia & Montenegro. I must say I did have fun poking fun at the game, eating my peanuts and pretending my coke was stout. Oh, we also learnt interesting facts like how you can survive the onslaught of both camps in this particular game.

You see, the flag of Netherlands looks like this:


The flag of Serbia and Montenegro looks like this:


They are completely inverted. So all you have to do is to purchase one flag. If you should be at the Holland camp, hold it one way. If the toilet is, say, right smack in the Serbia and Montenegro section, have no fear. All you need to do is to invert the flag you are wrapping yourself around with and that will probably guarantee you a safe passage to the restrooms. You just got to be really careful when you are doing headstands.

Anyway, if you display the flag in an orthogonl position, you might just jolly well re-use it for France matches. Very economical, these red, white and blue stripes.

Oh my, I do digress enormously. Of course, I do wish more goals could be scored. I mean, don't you all feel like you wasted time watching 90 minutes of your life fleet past when the game has no goals? It is like, come on, give us some reason to cheer and prance around mah.

Tomorrow 9pm - the match between Austrlia and Japan. You all better support Japan ah. Otherwise ah, don't talk to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh wah i heard of the place b4.. nice anot ah? i wanna try leh. pricing leh?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I would support Japan if it comes to baseball, that's the sport they're famous for.

Or anime for that matter.

As for soccer... well. See how the team plays as a whole bah.

2:14 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

All those non-jap supporters, don't talk to me, don't talk to me!

catherine: toilet dirty, service no good. Bleah. Mysterious cover charge.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home