Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Whee Wheet!

I woke up from bed today, feeling like the world's most enormous slug. My calves are aching, my fingers are blistered, my toes feel like they are going to drop off anytime. No thanks to the 3-hour session of tennis the night before. I had to literally drag my exhausted body out of bed and shamble my way to school.

Just when I thought it was the start of another bad day, my friend who met me for lunch teased gleefully.

"Look what's on my finger?"

For a split second, I was blinded sia. My eyes! My eyes!

What set on her engagement ring finger was a huge-ass dazzle of a sparkly stone. I was speechless with surprise. One of my girl pals is entering missushood! Ultimate coolness.

Me: Oh my god, he proposed!!!
Her: Hee hee!

After she described the proposal process, she quipped "Eh, so you will be my jie mei okay?"

WHEE HEE HEE! I can't wait. I have always wanted to be within the troop of jie meis because I have a thousand and one schemes brewing in my brain on how to torture the groom. I am quite the sadist.

*Evil glint*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mutual friend once told me "No, no! U can't be 'brother' for more than 3 times, else you won't be able to get married!". My quota is at 2 currently and I forsee a few more coming my way really soon.

Superstitions, superstitions...

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to come up with counter-measures for the groom to lessen his suffering. =P

11:52 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

cs: hor, then u better reject otherwise you cannot get married ever.

jacey: haha, when u get married, i can provide ideas how to torture your groom too!

toukarin: then we will ask the bride not to marry the groom lor. So simple.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home