Friday, September 08, 2006

Wassup Babe

Yesterday, while browsing around at Bugis Junction, I chanced upon a little Japanese stall that sells Japanese Soft-Serve Ice Cream.. The flavors ranged from traditional (read: safe) Red Bean, Black Sesame, Green Tea, Chocolate, Raspberry to a funky one named Wassup Babe, which was essentially Wasabi.

No prize for guessing which flavor a foolhardy person like me elected.



The shade of toxic green seen above hints of the pending hazard the dessert hold. It spelt one of the most terrible ice cream consumption in my life. Every bite had a pungent sensation shot up my nose. The closest other flavor I have tried similar to this was Chilli Chocolate Flavor from The Daily Scoop. At least that one spicy but palatable.

However, I must reiterate that my friend found the Green Tea Ice Cream quite delicious.

Anyway, the Korean Horror/Thriller flick, The Host, is quite watchable. I am not sure if the South Korean government are that inefficient in reality though. Oh, and I don't quite like the ending.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

har har har...

i have yet to try the wasabi flavor.. but the green tea and black seasame is yummy..

now i'm craving for it again.. later pop by bugis for lunch..kekekkeke

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have quite a few frens who absolutely adore their wasabe icecream. and their green tea is v good. -otter

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shucks. Now I feel like going down Bugis to walk walk instead of doing my HYP. =P

Japanese dessert + Bugis Junction is a lethal combi.

1:47 PM  
Blogger manniqueen said...

oooooooooh, sounds like something i gotta try.

though the wasabi one sounds abit daunting leh.....

maybe get scapegoat (i.e. dog, bf etc) to try first....wahahhaa!

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG UZUMAKI... my ex company's client.. WAHAHAHA.. and i had met the boss thrice for meetings.. but i have yet to taste their ice creams... very intimidating ang mor. omg.. the bad memories

2:15 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

s: dont try the wasabi flavor!!!

otter: i don't really like green tea lah.

toukarin: DO YOUR HYP.

manniqueen: Later Chester lao sai how? Tsk. I think he might not want to eat it after one bite, though.

cat: Har? Their boss is an ang mor? How weird. It's japanese, right?

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home