Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One Perfect Summer Sunday

My regular routine on Sundays is to visit the Fitness First gym at London Bridge, exercise for about an hour and half, before showering and grabbing a worthy lunch at my favorite lunch spot nearby. MoreLondon - the perfect, perfect, lunching haven for me for the past half year with a marvellous, marvellous view of the grand Tower Bridge.

Behold!


Yesterday was an uncharacteristic warm, sunny day for London. I bought my yummilicious British Mustard Honey Chicken Pasta, a bottle of freshly pressed grape and raspberry juice, 3 cups of my currently-obsessed-with jelly and a large cold samosa from Marks and Spencers. Huge lunch, it was.

I had the pleasure of Belinda for company and she arrived 15 minutes later, after I have been thoroughly grilled by the cheery sunshine.

Me and my favorite lemonade jelly


Us and the Tower Bridge on a fine, fine day!


Since Belinda was such a darling for packing the picnic blanket, we decided to venture nearer to Potter's Field to utilise it.

Don't mind my auntie-looking gym backpack.


We laid the blanket on a suitable patch of grass, with first-class view of the Tower Bridge. It was a surreal experience, lying down on the grass, chatting and looking at the landmark.



I'm one happy camper, for sure!


Ah, summers. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Joy said...

Hey YL, glad to see that you're doing well. I thought you were on holiday then realised that it had to be a really long one - so thought otherwise. You living in London now? Are you still with A*Star?

3:31 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

hey hey, no time no see. How are the JJs... I have been working in a university in london. left Astar a while ago.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Joy said...

JJs are doing fine thanks, I've been really busy the last 6-8 mths, so didn't really have time to read anything online or meet up with anyone. See that you're having fun and exploring london... how exciting! How is Mister Toto? Is he loving the english weather? the JJs send their kisses :)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home