Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I've got mail!

This morning, while I was buried in papers on my bed, I drowsily received an SMS saying a parcel has been delivered. The text message referred to me as 'Felix' and the real McCoy insisted I go down to the porter to check it out.

Coincidently, I have been anticipating an assortment of parcels and mail. I love UK for its online shopping and the huge, huge variety of goods. Don't even get me started on Tesco. I love shopping for groceries at Tesco! It is exactly how supermarkets should be. Supermarkets in Singapore have a long, long way to catch up. Tesco itself deserves an entire blog post on itself.

Yeah, so back to the story, I drowsily made my way down and greeted the porter. There are usually two Caucasian porters whom I am friendly with, including this dusty-hair mustached bloke.

Me: Hi, I'm from Flat 10.03 and I have a text message informing I have a parcel.
Bloke: Indeed! You have flowers sent for you!

Instead of a bouquet, I stared incredulously at this huge, tall box about a meter tall. Together with the rest of my parcels (books from Amazon - my entertainment, yay!), I dragged this humongous parcel back up to the apartment.

Wala - the huge-ass parcel


Flo and Betty were both curiously intrigued and impressed by the sheer size of the box. The bouquet of roses were rather huge too and so beautiful in their deep shades of crimson.





Thank you, honey! I love you, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger musette said...

That's very sweet of Felix! :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger musette said...

Oh, oh, I questioned Alan about the status of the other parcel which you were very pleased with, but he simply refused to cave in despite my bribes.

But he did let me in on that it's my birthday present! *going to be killed by suspense*

6:53 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

muahahahha. muhahahhaa. muhahahahhaa! it's sitting beside me right now - waiting. :P

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home