Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Yello!

Selfridges is a popular chain of high end department stores in the United Kingdom, founded by Harry Gordon Selfridge. The flagship store is located in London's Oxford Street and recently celebrated its first hundred years in business with a Centenary Exhibition of amazing events, stunning art installations and fabulous celebrities.



As Cynthia did her last minute shopping at Selfridges, we chanced upon a newly opened Yellow Café.



Since Cynthia's favorite color is yellow and my favorite kind of food is dessert, it is no wonder both of us got suddenly distracted and drawn to the colorful eatery.



We decided to have the Original English Cream Tea set as an appetizer to our lunch.

Cynthia says yay.


The very yellow store guide


There were scones, clotted cream, jam and of course, tea.

Sleepy Cynthia needs her tea..


..as I get unimpressed by the scones.


There was some deejay on a nearby stage blasting loud music, hence providing a less-than-relaxing atmosphere for me to rest my weary feet. Overall, despite the spiffy decor, I found the food rather mediocre and boring. I could produce the same scones and tea at home too. All I need is some reaaaally yellow cardboard as a background, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home