Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Moby Dick

The Docklands is an extremely picturesque and serene environment for a stroll, any time of the day. Sometimes, when I do not feel like getting squashed in the tube for an uncomfortable commute, it gives me great pleasure to visit Moby Dick - our neighbourhood pub in the docklands.



The pubs in Britain, a convenient acronym to "public houses", can be found on almost every street in London. Unlike Singapore, the pub culture here may sometimes even be somewhat family-oriented, with families bringing their little kiddoes and puppies along as they grab a beer.

On a sunny day, it is an utter bliss to just recline on a wooden bench outside the Moby Dick, nurse a glass of Pimm's and Lemonade and feel the sun rays on your skin.

Mmmm... Pimm's and Lemonade...


Pimm's is a brand of alcoholic beverages which is rather popular in London. Pimm's can be mixed with lemonade and fortified with citrusy fruit pieces to make the perfect summer drink.

Of course, who can miss the pub grub while having a beer or two? Pub grub is food that is typically found in a pub. A typical British pub menu tends to include items such as beef and ale pie, steak and kidney pie, shepherd's pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash, hot pot, Sunday roast, ploughman's lunch, and pasties. My favorite meal at the Moby Dick is its deliciously crisp fish and melt-in-your-mouth potato croquettes.

Pub Grub! Niam niam niam.


We get a great view of the wildlife at the docks while tucking into a great meal, too. Moby Dick gets my vote as my favorite local pub. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger musette said...

Do you think you can smuggle a bottle of Pimms back?

We can then have Pimms & Lemonade in sunny SG - perfect drink to match the weather!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Babe said...

yeah, it's nice to chill on a sunny day...i wish my pool maintenance will hurry up...one whole mth without chilling by the pool is getting to me...enjoy ur sun babe!! And come back must cook GREEN curry chicken for me :P I can cook Pineapple rice! hhaa...we can do a Thai night :P

6:35 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

musette: Ha, I saw a bottle of pimms yesterday - but it's huge! I wonder how to smuggle it back. Hmm *ponders* Maybe they come in smaller bottles?

Babe: yeah! that sounds good! although I don't know how much freedom I have in my mummy's kitchen. :p

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home