Thursday, July 02, 2009

♥♥♥♥♥

Several weeks ago in London, Sandy - my regular IM buddy, sent me some pictures of Samantha's new office at Central.



She tempted me back to Singapore with tantalizing offers such as this. "Let's hang out here when you are back!" she suggested. Sure, anywhere with great company is great.

The weeks passed rather s-l-o-w-l-y and soon I was back in SG for a visit. I met HT for tea and we hung out at Burger King, waiting for Sandy to turn up. We were supposed to meet at 530pm.

Me: Hey, I am at Central already.
Sandy: Oh, oh I should be reaching soon.
Me: Okay, give me a call when you are here!

The call never came and I was slightly concerned that HT would be late for his next appointment. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Samantha standing a distance away from our table, staring at us - slack jawed. I waved frantically and she reluctantly walked towards us.

Me: SAM! Come, sit down.
Sam: Huh, cannot. We need to go up.
Me: Sit down first lah. Sandy isn't here yet.
Sam: No, cannot. I need to go up now.

Ht and I were both puzzled. We had pulled chairs around for her and wanted her to sit down. Sam, on the other hand, seemed quite insistent on going upstairs.

Me: Why?
Sam: I need to bring these bottles of coke to Ivan.
Me: (HUH)
Sam: Hurry up, I need to go upstairs.
Me: But Sandy is coming.
Sam: It's ok, we can head up first. When Sandy arrives, I will come down and pick her.
Me: (HUH)

HT and I exchanged the looks of "HUH".

Me: Aiyo, so troublesome. Why don't you go up first?
Sam: No, no. You are coming up with me.
Me: But Sandy is coming! I just called her and she said she would be here in 10 minutes.
HT: Sandy always late one. You all go up first.
Me: Let me call her.
Sam: Okay, you call her.

And so I did. Sandy requested me to go up with Sam first. After finding out she was with Alan who would be able to provide some company for her, I obliged. We took an elevator up to the rooftop where there was a beautiful garden, adorned with deck chairs, sofas, and jaccuzis. As I stood there admiring the venue, suddenly, out of the bushes - Alan popped out.

Alan: SURPRISE!

My first instinct was anger. The first thought that came into my mind was that Sandy was somewhere waiting for him, but he has come up here by himself. Just when I was to retort to his disappointed quip of "Eh, why you not scared one?", a huge bunch of people emerged from some bushes!

SURPRISE!


And there was Sandy, with a huge bunch of balloons.

I am usually someone who is quite composed and in control of emotions. The key to maintaining composure is to conjure out every possible scenario to anticipate, so you are mentally and emotionally prepared for it. But this! I'd really thought it was going to be a girly-chillout session at a novel venue Sandy has discovered. Furthermore, my birthday isn't until July!

This, plus the fact that I do sorely miss all my friends in SG and other random factors contributed to the extent at which I was deeply moved when I saw my friends together. *Sniff*



In fact, I can say that many of my friends had put on a great pretence. For instance, Kenneth did not mention a whiff of this while we played tennis in the morning. He had casually asked me what I was doing in the evening and I responded with - Ah, hanging out with the girls. The only thing that could give him away was when I wished him Bon Voyage for his pending Korea trip, he waved me away without a word. Wah lao, I thought, so rude! He has since clarified that he knew he would see me later in the evening, and could send me his wishes for my trip back to London then. :P

Both Cynthia and Candice constantly IM-ed me for possible dates to meet up, despite knowing that they would see me on that very night!

The sneaky babes.


Oh yes, and not forgetting...

The sneaky bastards, *ahem*, hunks.


So, we gathered around to make merry and feast.


The place chosen was awesome. It has little pools and comfortable chairs. You can actually lie there and get a massage, if you want to!


Alas! Soon the dark clouds loomed, and we decided to move the party up to Ivan's office. There were champagne, a large array of food from pizzas to home-cooked beehoon to fusion gourmet takeaways. Looking at my friends gathered together was sufficient to make me filled with happiness. :)





Sandy even bought my favorite cake from Canelé Pâtisserie! She is this one person who probably knows what I like to eat and don't. Mmm, maybe that is because I am similar to Alan in terms of eating habits. Ha ha.

Behold - The Richest Chocolate Cake of all!


Happy Birthday to Me!


They even shared a gift for me! Honestly, I felt spoilt rotten. I was initially happy enough to catch up with my girl friends. Then, I was quite thrilled to see the pretty gardens on top of the Central. The surprise appearance of my friends celebrating my "birthday" was the climax of it all. I really didn't need anything else. That explained why I wasn't so excited about my gift, despite the cajoling to open it quickly.

I already had my dosage of happiness.

Of course, I still had to oblige with the crowd.



It's a Nokia E71!


It was a truly memorable day. Who cares if it was my birthday or not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home