Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stars, Stars, Teach Me How to Shine

Monday afternoon, I received a call from Eugene to inquire if I was at school. Apparently, he took a week off from his hectic schedule to study for his CFA. You know what that means?! Ha, it means I have a lunch khaki for a week! How cool is that? I am sick of da-baoing food up to my lab, man. Lunch khakis are few and far between.

Anyhoo, in the evening, my supervisor was deliberately dragging the meeting way too long for me to guess that he wanted dinner khakis. Hence, we ended up having an impromptu dinner with Eugene at Holland Village. We had a good time chatting and sharing gossips, which is why I love my supervisor so! Well, except for the fact that he kept trying to convince me to stay another year in my postgraduate studies! Sheesh. Enough already, I said. I am quite sick of school, thank you very much.

Then, Eugene began waxing lyrical about shopping in JB.

Contacts lenses very cheap there leh, he gushed. Coaxed by his persuasive powers, I requested him to purchase some for me.

An hour ago, my cell rang.

Eugene: Eh, you asked me buy for you contacts right?
Me: Yah.
Eugene: Why not you go JB with me?
Me: WTF sia. I don't have to work, is it?
Eugene: Aiyar, you flexible timing one right?
Me: Who says lor.
Eugene: You also don't know what contact lenses you want. Go there and choose lah.
Me: ...
Eugene: We will be back by lunch time! I want to study, also what.
Me: ...
Eugene: I go alone very sian one leh.
Me: ...

There. I was sold. Maybe I could make new speckies too.

Who needs anything from JB? You've got until Friday to make your requests.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I guess your supervisor would miss your company once you're gone.

JB ah... pirated VCDs & DVDs maybe?

*And remember to go see a doc.

9:41 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

OMG! You are haunting me with your "see a doc" advices!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, until your eye recovers. =)

10:40 AM  
Blogger musette said...

i want dvds!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

oh yes, so you can watch them in indonesia, right? Haa.

12:26 PM  
Blogger musette said...

haha so smart! i heard there's nothing interesting over at the place i'm heading, so i'll need to arm myself with sufficient stuff to occupy my 6 nights!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home