Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Chasms Within

I came home a wee bit woozy-headed, after some drinks with my pals at Holland Village, to a little surprise by my bed. Neatly tied up on the bedside table was a pair of drumsticks I needed for my new drum classes commencing soon.

The words and chronicles that accompanied the gift were deeply moving and gouged a pang of pain I have efficiently buried. Again, as I laid on my bed, it made me wonder why people are flawed in appreciating what they have in their hands? Why do they not want to make someone they love happy? Do you really need its absence for you to realize its importance?

Prevention is better than cure, haven't you heard? Cures can remedy an ailment, only to a certain extent. Clever bacterias evolve miraculously to insulate themselves from the healing powers of antibiotics. Repetitive cures-on-demand? Uh-uh, not gonna work. You are probably be sick for a long time.

My, don't I sound jaded? Ironically, events in the past few days have shed some light to lift my disillusionment and melancholy. If someone isn't ready to give his all, you shouldn't bother even investing a shred of effort. There are probably more deserving others.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The key thing is mastering the technique of effort withdrawal once you realize there are others more deserving I guess.

But seriously absence is a key to unlocking some divine form of realization. It's like playing hard to get once in a while to get someone to miss you or something. Life would be pretty boring if it were a horizontal straight line graph... we need spikes once in a while, though not extreme ones.

If you sound jaded... I think I'm paranoid. Always worried about zero ROI, if you get what I mean. Not that I'm not ready to give my all.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i second the "more deserving others" part. :)

otter

11:57 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

otter: Oh you are so sweet la! Treat you makan when u come back :P!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home