Monday, May 22, 2006

Pleasant, Pleasant Surprise

So as you can probably gauge from the avanlanche of entries, I wasn't exactly a joy to have around today. The rain dampened my plans of heading to town. Instead, I lugged my stack of papers home to work on.

With little appetite, I sat about my laptop to work.

The doorbell rang. Mister Toto barked.

Seldom are doorbells meant for me.

Suddenly, my mother called out "Girl ah, there is a delivery for you!"

My concentration broken, I sauntered down the steps to meet a spunky, tanned boy. He is probably younger than me, dressed in home clothes, but nevertheless cute.

"Hi!" He chirped. "Your friend has a delivery of chocolate truffles for you!"

I thanked him and opened the nice green box. A little tray of happy-looking truffles met my eyes.



Oh, my sweetest little buddy! Even if the box contained just ONE truffle, I would give you my wettest, sloppiest kiss if you were there right there and then. So thank your lucky stars you weren't here!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm still in school munching on my black swiss toblerone... hmmm...

10:16 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

haha, aren't you jealous of my lovable friends?

12:55 AM  
Blogger musette said...

eh i'm sorry the cute boy didn't come together with the truffle package. certainly hope the truffles brightened up your evening! =)

3:00 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

tsk tsk. Next time, ask the cute boy to stay for dinner as well!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been beaten to it!!! -ZH

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you don't like younger guys? =P
Haha. Yeah man. I'm so jealous of your lovable friends... haven't had any guy friend ask some cute girl to deliver truffles for me when I'm down... haha.

1:56 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

ZH: Hannor, so slow. Now your chocolates wouldnt be original. Send something else lah. Like abalone.

Toukarin: Aiyah next time you are down, I would ask a certain girl to lower your MLI ok? HAHA.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home