Monday, April 03, 2006

Roles Reversed

Remember the times where parents couldn't stand their kids bantering behind in the car? I mean, I do remember having fights with my elder brother in the backseat and my Dad threatening to throw us out if we do not shut the hell up.

Now, I think after my parents hit 55 years old, the roles are quite reversed. While sitting at the backseat on the car ride to fetch my brother, I had to resist putting my ear plugs on in attempt to ignore my parents' banter.

Mum: Oh, that is your secondary school right?
Dad: Yah, yah.
Mum: So, your school near Singapore Chinese Girls?
Dad: No ah. Where got?
Mum: Then you all disturb girls from which school?
Dad: Crescent Girls lor.
Mum: So how many crescent girls you asked out?
Dad: Don't have lar.
Mum: Sure a not? You never ask girls out one meh?
Dad: I am sam seng kia. We only disturb girls. We don't ask them out.
Mum: Yah, don't think got any girls want to go out with you.

(Pause)

Me: Hmm, I wonder where Charlotte (my bro's girlfriend) works.
Mum: Oh, I know one. But then now, I don't remember.
Dad: You like that, my as well don't say.
Mum: I know! Ah yong drove me there before.
Dad: But now, do you know?
Mum: Now I cannot remember lah.
Dad: Yah, then don't need to say!
Me: ...

3 Comments:

Blogger jellybeano said...

that's why got cute daughter like me mah! HAHAHAHA, okay I'm totally kidding. Please do not lose your appetite for dinner or something.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brokeback Mountain...
Straightfront Ocean...

Hmmmm....

*Brain dead me trying to de-stress*

11:35 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

out of point leh, toukarin.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home