Friday, April 14, 2006

Greetings!

Well, I know I am back in the United States once more, when I am greeted with blue skies and sunshine but no trace of perspiration, when I am greeted by very blatant cheehongkias right at the beginning in the airport.

After the usual interrogation at the customs check, I collected my baggage and proceeded to exit. Just before the exit, we had to submit a declaration form to disclaim any argricultural items or food produce we were to bring. This was a simple procedure, with many of the people just handing over the forms silently to the officer and then proceeding to the exit.

Then, it was my turn.

Officer: Hello.
Me: Hi.

He decided to stare more intensely at my form. I suddenly began to worry about what I have wrote in my semi-dazed jet-lagged state.

Looking at the clause where I labelled the previous countries I have visited recently...

Officer: Woo, you went to Thailand?
Me: Er, yes. (Thinks: Shite! Is there Bird Flu in Thailand? I hope he doesn't detain me.)
Officer: What are you doing here in USA?
Me: Conference. (Didn't the customs check officer already ask me that??!)
Officer: How long will you be here for?
Me: 2 weeks.
Officer: Dang.
Me: Huh.
Officer: 2 weeks is too short for me to ask you out.

There you go, the exemplification of the blatantness and cheekiness of US dudes.

Anyway, I had a terrific flight, one of the best I have gotten in my entire US travels (which isn't alot lah.) I watched Corpse Bride, The Family Stone and Good Company on the flight from Singapore to Tokyo. From Tokyo to Los Angeles, I had 3 seats to myself! How cool is that? I just laid down to sleep with my iPod, neglecting whatsoever notes and storybook I have brought along. Heh.

Right, more later!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh?! I tot you only going on the 18th? ~Sam

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... Just saw this entry. I don't think the cheehong part stems from the fact that you're in US k.

Some Asian gals never get hit on even when they're in the States. Ya know what I mean lah.

Your pheromones too strong liao. Heh.

12:00 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

yian: haha, it depends on the officers. I received cold facial expressions myself too!

sam: no la i left on 13th! Will be back on 6th may

toukarin: no lah, i don't get hit on in singapore!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home