Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Aaack! It's March!

It's March already! Where did time go?! I am so dead. Ugh! Impending deadlines are looming ominously. :(

Last night, I had supper with my brother at Bukit Timah where we exchanged sorrowful tales of relationships (or the lack of, Ha Ha). Let's call the girl he was interested in R. R had invited him to a club where she was hanging out with her colleuges. Apparently, she wasn't quite effective in her banking sales and required assistance from the top salesman in the company. In return for the top guy's favour, she was supposed to entertain his whims, such as guzzling down two mugs of beer. Further, the top guy tried to make fun of her by asking to pick up a butch at the club.

Let's give the top guy the benefit of doubt. He could be out to have some innocent sporting fun. However, he also continued on to squeeze her ass, hug her and sit on her lap. And she reciprocated. And that begs the question - Just how much of your dignity would you give up to get a few sales jobs?

For my entire life, I never believe in the power of networking (and I am wrong, sadly). I stubbornly hold on to the fact that if I am capable sufficiently, people will take notice one day. And I still do now. (Not that it is succeeding, of course.) I do not like compromising my dignity, integrity or whatsoever, and neither do I like succeeding in a job that is not based on my capabilities. I am assuming that tolerance in accepting lewd behaviors from others does not qualify as a capability.

Just how happy will you be, if you know the success of your job is correlated with the number of times your ass is squeezed? Ah well, to each his/her own. I know I won't be, at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger manniqueen said...

i share your sentiments. don't like to have to "sell" myself or compromise my integrity just to get the job done.

and what did your brother do when he witnessed all that? poor guy!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throughout my life the only reason why I "network" in a sense is because I believe that true friendship is a vital component of life.

However, of course, there are always people who are exceptions to the case - people who network for the sake of networking.

And of course, there are people who are willing to sacrifice their dignity for a larger paycheck for that month (sales can earn up to 5 times the amount if they get a lot more sales).

I see the erosion of moral values, as well as an impending loss of direction in her moral compass.

And I think your brother should look for someone else instead.

9:46 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Haha, yeah I think he was disappointed and gave up already la...

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home