Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday = Errand Day

Every Friday is the day when my mum goes to market and stocks up on rations as if there is to be an impending war. Today, it is the usual. On the drive back...

Mum: Eh, at the supermarket, this guy gave me 2 discount coupons.
Me: *Nods* Good, good.
Mum: I told him. Use it lah. But he says he doesn't stay around here.
Me: *Nods* Good, good.
Mum: So I said it's ok! Can use in other branches also.
Me: *Nods* Good, good.
Mum: But he insisted I take them leh. Don't know why.
Me: Mmm.
Mum: Maybe it is because I am cute? HEE HEE HEE!
Me: .....

I almost swerved my car into oncoming traffic.

DO NOT, and I repeat, do not say such things to ambush a driver while he/she is driving. It can be potentially fatal. I bit my lips and made a face as my mum went "HEE HEE HEE!" the whole journey back home. Fortunately, it was only a 5-minute drive from Ghim Moh Market.

Perhaps my dear mummy is hyperactive for her bimonthly cruise later this evening. Ah, I have to be their chaffeur this evening again. Let's hope my mum stop spouting these damnest things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is a good laugh for a hot, boring, friday afternoon.

Maybe you should get used to such remarks so that you won't swerve into incoming traffic. =P

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does ur mom read this?!

tob

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home