Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Grr...No Meatballs

I am so freaking pissed! My stupid unstable wireless connection keeps switching to my neighboring networks despite my specified exclusions of the latter. Now that I am trying to download my student's flash file to work on, but the connection keeps resetting, just when the file is downloaded near 90%!!!

Argh!

Luckily, I had a little retail therapy just now. In the evening, Hua-ge msned me.

Hua-ge: Wah, how come still here?
Me: I am waiting for the crowds to clear so I can take a bus to Queensway.
Hua-ge: Alone?
Me: Yah, why cannot ah?
Hua-ge: Why never ask anybody to go with you?
Me: Why cannot go alone?

Weird. Seemingly, people here do not understand solitude very well.

Anyway, I made my way to Queensway to re-wrap the handle of my tennis racquet. Browsing the maze of shops randomly, I managed to purchase a cap and some earrings. I craved for some Ikea Meatballs because the last time I had it was when I was in Emeryville with otterboy. In fact, we love the meatballs so much we each bought a bag of meatballs and a jar of ligonberry jam. I finished my jam within a week! Ahh, the fond memories of Berkeley.

So, to Ikea I headed. Man, was the restaurant crowded! I abhor crowds so I wondered around Ikea, looking at furniture and fighting the supreme urges to buy. Suddenly, I felt that I desperately need tupperware. Oo, and maybe some pretty wrapping paper. Oh, look, such pretty curtains.

Of course, the rational side of me fortunately surfaced and pushed the little demons back into the Pandora's box. I went back up to Ikea Cafe to find a seat and was exasperated that the place was steaming with people as ever! Ugh!

Somewhat angrily, I stormed to the Ikea's store and bought 1 jar of Ligonberry jam to appease myself. Then I walked across the bridge to the first eatery I came upon, which was, unfortunately, Kentucky Fried Chicken. Bleah.

Oh well. No meatballs. Bah.

Now, I am wearing my new cap (to season it lah), despite my mum's sarcasm ("Where got sun now?), looking incredulously at the crawling 45% download speed of the god-damned file. Please don't switch networks until it hits 100%...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, i still like 3/4 of that packet of meatballs left leh. i think cannot eat liao.. :x

8:18 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

WHAT?! How come you are so loserish! I finish my entire pack of meatballs since dunno when...

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home