Sunday, February 12, 2006

Aches and more aches

I swung my tennis racquet for the first time after a half-year hiatus. The 2 hour-plus session was enjoyable, despite the glare of the merciless sun. Shortly after the game, I began to feel lightheaded from sunburn. Sneaky aches began to seep into my right shoulder. My toes hurt immensely because I have a silly knack of ramming them against my shoes. (Mental note to self: Buy new shoes and change the grip of tennis racquet.)

Feeling lethargic, I decided to skip any suggested activities by friends, ranging from clubbing at MOS to a free dinner (because someone suffered a dismal loss at literati, haha!) to coming over to my house to bai nian, opting to laze and rest my exhausted muscles. If anyone would to suggest a foot reflexlogy or massage session then, you bet I would be up and out of the house in no time.

Anyhoo, I armed myself with my book and iPod, holing under the sheets for the night. At some point of time, I fell into slumber. This morning, I woke up achier than ever! Shoulders, back, arms, hamstrings! Drats.

The sign of aging.

Bah!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An aging person wouldn't have been fit enough to run 15 rounds on the track!! //sandy

3:26 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

eh my dad is aging but he can run like, 100 rounds around the track...

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home