Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Loof

Deciding where to chill out on a damp Friday night, Sandy and I decided on The Loof, a place where both my brother and her sister mentioned before. Since my brother is an architect and has deemed the bar to be an interesting concept, I figured it should be good enough for us to check the place out.

I started the late evening by brashly meandering my way into the mazes of Choa Chu Kang (Believe me when I say places which ends with Kang are never easy to navigate) to pick Sandy up from her friend's grandma's wake. By the time we reached The Loof, it was almost 1030 at night.

Since there hasn't been more publicity regarding the place, we were surprised by the crowd that gathered at the entrance. The crowd seems more sophisticated and well-dressed, as compared to the usual crowd one spot in the mainstream places. The decor was impressive, with large panel of glasses to reveal the outside view, and a interesting round table that seemingly suspend above nothingness. Glass panels on the floor can occasionally give even the most sober person a slight anxiety attack, providing the illusion that one is stepping on nothing. Very nice. I like! :)

After touring the area slightly, we order drinks and a pizza. The place was packed so we had to stand by the counter to consume our food. Soon, the rest of our party, comprising of Shuling, Lewis, Eugene and Minghua joined us. We had our round of drinks and yakked randomly. Ah, friends. What do we do without them?

In our 2nd touring around, we found a huge bed compartment. Gleefully, we leapt onto it and there we stayed on for the rest of the nights, playing silly finger guessing games, finger tapping games and whatsnot. It must be one of the most comfortable pubbing nights ever. I love big beds. :)

Oh I have discriminating photos of them doing forfeits. Let me ponder if I should post them up. Heh heh.

The Loof! I guess I might be back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for fetching me to and back! It has got to be one of the most comfortable to-chill-out-place. =P //sandy

3:19 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

yeah, no problem. I waiting to sit the new big SUV of urs... HAHA!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home