Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Girl From Ipanema Goes Walking...

"Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ahh
When she walks, she’s like a samba
That swings so cool and sways so gentle
That when she passes, each one she passes goes - ooh"

I adore my ipod aplenty. When the earphones are snug in my ears, all that exist within my senses are sweet music, and all the people passing me by are imagined to be acting in some MTV.

After 15 laps around the tracks of NUS, I played my favorite song of the moment and might have been so unconscious to the outside world I could have been doing a little jig, oblivious to my surroundings. I looked up slightly and noticed a caucasian girl smiling at me.

Me? I looked behind. There was nobody.

Did I say she was smiling? I think she was trying not to laugh.

Anyhoo, I reminded myself to be more attentive to my surroundings, carefully switching to a mental jig instead and continued my way back to my lab.

Oh, I love the campus grounds much much much more in such peaceful evenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home