Saturday, June 23, 2007

Missing

Sometimes you miss someone (probably from a previous relationship) loads, but you just have to grit your teeth and convince yourself that the person is probably not giving a damn about you anymore, so why bother? The one you are missing is probably the figment of your memories, when he or she was still in love with you, when you probably meant something to him or her. But 'tis not the case anymore.

It is not easy rationalizing this way and the grief is palpable. I have many friends around me who are in limbo stage because they are unable or unwilling to face it. I can only be the voice of reason to a certain extent. Emotions, however, are often unreasonable.

There are times when I missed a certain person, but I would try my darnest best to bury it. Hopefully, one day, it would stay buried forever. Cliche as it may sound, time heals. Its healing powers might be fucking inefficient, but I guess it does it job.

On a lighter note, I was brushing my teeth when my professor in USA called to inquire my well-being. I was trying my darnest to mumble replies amidst my toothpasty froth. In a dilemma whether to rinse my mouth or not in the middle of a long-distance conversation, I finally swallowed all my toothpaste froth. When I burp now, I smell of mint. Haa.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur post led me to recall certain memories and caused me to become upset.. I demand compensation! Wait for my lawyer's letter :P

12:52 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Y-A-W-N

zzz.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh, toothpaste foam! :O just a bit of that down my throat during brushing and it induces a vomiting reaction!

1:37 PM  
Blogger liwei said...

Hahahaha

I swallowed toothpaste foam when I was a kid. It was an awful experience. Yuck.

2:00 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Okay, anonymous sounds like kailing. I think kaiing told me a similar reaction before. Kailing ah?

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you giving foggy signals from your mouth when you burp now?

I guess everyone can only reason to a certain extent... emotions are not just unreasonable, they're ridiculous sometimes.

But your post is good, and timely as well. Stupid sickly me had emotions running wild over the weekend since I'm forced to stay home.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home