Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Name Game

My Soo-yi-yi has popped the latest addition to my maternal family a month ago. Before that, her brood comprised of two adorable *cough*pesky*cough* girls, namely Rachel..


..and of course, Esther.


Initially, when the baby was born, they called her Abigail.

Everybody either cringed or had a look of a petrified deer when they heard the name. So, the parents decided to scrap the name idea. So, Baby has gone without a name for about a month now. I wonder how they tried communicate with her.

"OY, Drink your milk leh!"

"Oy, wake up, wake up. Time to change your diapers."

Yep, so I received an sms from my auntie a while ago, asking what I think of the names "Nicole" or "Phoebe".

Frankly, if she were to change Esther's name to Monica, I would pick Phoebe. Then she would have Monica, Rachel and Phoebe! That is the entire female cast of F.R.I.E.N.D.s, my all-time favorite sitcom that is now unfortunately extinct.


Aha, then perhaps I would keep a lookout for little Chandlers and Rosses.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I doubt anyone amongst your relatives can contribute anytime soon. Your bro perhaps? Rush him to get married and you may have your 'Rosses' and 'Chandlers', that is if they are males.

11:40 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

er actually, i was thinking more of other people's kids who are called Rosses and Chandlers. Ross dated Rachel and Chandler is Monica's wife. It would be weird if my brother's kids start to date their aunties, no?

11:54 PM  
Blogger Eugenia said...

Is this taken at SKC Show last month? :D

12:42 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Eugenia: Yea, it is. :P

8:34 AM  
Blogger Eugenia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Eugenia said...

We could have met up! I was working as a Ring Stewardess on that day.

10:04 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Oh nice. Perhaps next time :)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home