Monday, November 20, 2006

Something In The Night Goes Bump

Okay, it is 4.38am in the morning and I have spent the last 3 hours tossing and turning in bed! Gees. I am not someone who suffers from insomnia usually. Instead, I usually knock out the moment I hit the pillow. As such, I blame the effectiveness of the caffeine from the tea I consumed from The Tea Party at Bukit Timah in the evening. Blah. Someone please remind me not to drink tea or coffee two hours prior to bedtime.

So, 'twas another Sunday of house-hunting.


Since my Dad sold the house few weeks ago, we were agonizing over the prospect of not ever finding a location that suits our needs. Our needs are pretty varied and complicated, ranging from a tight budget to the requirement of plentiful rooms.

My primary concern is for Toto. I insisted vehemently that we should preferably get a house, or a ground-level unit as much as possible because I have an insane fear of Toto leaping off a building. Heh.

That pretty much rules out this 20-something storey unit we viewed that my brother liked alot. It was in the Balestier area where Kingsley is living. The unit was equipped with many full-length windows (and my vivid imagination is picturing Toto smashing them in bid to get to a fellow canine he sees below). The bathroom had full-length windows too, such that you can get a great view of the city while taking a long hot soak.

An invitation to peeping toms!


Toto might think this is a giant spring board to the pool below.


The resident photographer

A few of the houses we viewed were near the Yio Chu Kang areas where transportation was quite a bane. The houses were big, though. We were quite interested in one of the houses over there, but Mummy dearest gave a no-go because she doesn't know how to drive and public transportation was as good as non-existent in those areas.

The place where birds don't lay eggs.


Pretty big, though.

As we headed to the last destination, I thought it was another day of futile house-hunting. In fact, I was so certain that it would be futile that I told this kid whom I was playing with while waiting for the house agent (he has very cool bow and arrow weapons, you see) that we could continue playing if we ever become neighbors because he looked so disappointed that I had to go. I hope his six-year-old memory would not recollect what I have said. Hmm.

Anyway, the last place had 4 bedrooms plus a maid room and 4 toilets. The best part is - it has a patio that leads down to a common grassy area for Toto to run! Woohoo! What joy. Further, it comes equipped with common facilities. Coolness. It was the first place that all of us agreed on. Finally.

Since we are at the topic of property search and I am so bored with this insomnia thingy, I shall illustrate the looniess that peppers the conversations I have with my professor; this time, it is over the sale of his Singapore's property.

[11/17/2006 6:16:09 PM] lungsg says: btw, I sold my flat in SG.
[11/17/2006 6:16:30 PM] Yee Lin says: wahh
[11/17/2006 6:16:37 PM] Yee Lin says: how much did you sell it for?
[11/17/2006 6:16:40 PM] lungsg says: managed to find a buyer eventually.
[11/17/2006 6:16:42 PM] lungsg says: 1.02 mil.
[11/17/2006 6:16:43 PM] Yee Lin says: now you are rich!!!!!
[11/17/2006 6:16:50 PM] lungsg says: that's the wrong implication!!!
[11/17/2006 6:16:51 PM] Yee Lin says: can be loan shark already
[11/17/2006 6:17:00 PM] lungsg says: no wonder you always write lousy implications section.
[11/17/2006 6:17:07 PM] Yee Lin says: ehh.
[11/17/2006 6:17:34 PM] Yee Lin says: we haven't found a place to stay
[11/17/2006 6:17:47 PM] lungsg says: then how? when are you moving out?
[11/17/2006 6:18:04 PM] lungsg says: so, as a reference, in bukit timah area, you have to pay the price of around 1 mil for my type of flat.
[11/17/2006 6:18:23 PM] Yee Lin says: stay on the streets lor
[11/17/2006 6:20:10 PM] lungsg says: you should've told me earlier.
[11/17/2006 6:20:16 PM] lungsg says: I'd raise my price by 5% and offer it to you.
[11/17/2006 6:20:25 PM] Yee Lin says: wah, that's so kind
[11/17/2006 6:20:30 PM] Yee Lin says: cannot accept la

Okay, now the question is - why the !@#$ am I still not feeling sleepy?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

You have a very neat and interesting blog.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so confirm you found a place liao??

Is it near me??

kekekekkeke

7:12 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

kingsley: heh, sadly, not quite. We are still in the Western Region. So I guess you won't be sniffing Toto's smells around the region. Hee. The area in Balestier all don't have enough rooms for all of us leh. :(

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Toto..we are the experts where sleeping is concern. Share with her some of the Visual Imagery Relaxation techniques that we so often adopt... :)

1:58 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Wah, Kaiser, you are so cheem. What Visual Imagery Relaxation... All Mister Toto needs are my hands over his eyes (plus some smoothing his fur) and he will fall right asleep!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know wat is visual imagery relaxation...

we close our eyes and see warm fluffy sheep!

1:35 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

kingsley: you sure you will go to sleep, looking at fluffy sheeps? Maybe you will get into a herding frenzy instead! Hee hee.

1:38 PM  
Blogger eha said...

if you ever shift to the east or at least somewhere central, we can go out for coffee sometime, when anywool is free :)

cos i almost got lost while driving to your place :P ulu to me.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home