Monday, March 13, 2006

Is it just me?

The particular building I work in is served by a singular pathetic elevator. As such, instead of waiting for the accursed lift to crank its way up and down and getting trapped in claustrophic conditions for a six-storey journey, I rather opt to climb my way up every morning.

When I do make decisions to take the lift, I find it amazing that people actually have patience to wait for the slow contraption in order to take them to the SECOND STOREY. These people actually have the patience to wait for the elevator to take them to the SECOND STOREY?! On one hand, I respect their patience in waiting for a good 3 minutes because that period of time could be put into crawling up two flights of steps. Ironically, on the other hand, I cannot help but feel mild irritation because - It's just TWO FLIGHT OF STEPS, for Christ's sake! WHAT ARE YOUR LEGS FOR?!

You know, in the deeper philosophical sense, you can sometimes tell the characteristics of people through such behavior. People who rather climb the stairs for one or two stories are probably people who are impatient and are the go-getters who want to get things accomplished. People who prefer the lifts are probably those who just wait for things to happen. Now, sadly, I do possess a slight discrimination towards the latter. I am silently 'zhk-ing' people who enters the lift at the second storey and leaves on the third.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha me too! r u talking abt the s15 lift?? normally i can't be bothered to wait for it cos it's like damn slow la! unless i'm going to the 4th storey onwards.

1:04 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

YES! EXACTLY! WHY DO PEOPLE BOTHER TO WAIT FOR IT TO GO TO THE SECOND STOREY! I AM SO INCREDIBLY TURNED OFF BY THEM!

Sorry ah, abit cranky. Ha ha.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... I only get terribly annoyed when I'm rushing for time and need to go to the 6th floor... and have people who enter the lift from the 1st floor to go to the 2nd, and people who enter on the 2nd to go to the 3rd, and so on... makes your blood boil to the limit sometimes.

But then again, nothing much we can do about it. Sometimes people are just like that. The lift is a public place... and people can use it in anyway they like in a sense.

无奈, if I were to put it.

10:33 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Yeah, we should all start tut-tutting at these lazy people together! Heh.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home