Monday, February 02, 2009

Kha @ HortPark

I can't believe it is already February 2009. Happy New Year, everyone and 新年快乐 too!

To start the first post of 2009, I shall introduce you to a pleasant dining experience I had last Saturday night at Kha.



Kha is located at HortPark, one of my favorite locations in Singapore. Toto's favorite park - Kent Ridge Park - is located a 10 minutes walk away from HortPark. I conveniently stumbled upon this hidden beauty while walking Toto at Kent Ridge Park last year.

Yes, walking Mr Toto does lead to hidden treasures!


Since I love HortPark and Kent Ridge Park so much, I recommended it as a wedding shoot venue for my friends. Michelle apparently loves Mr Toto so much she wanted him in her wedding shoot. (I do think it is because Mr Toto looks much more handsome than the groom, too! *sniggers*)

Toto, the ultimate Wedding Accessory


While being a nanny to the Wedding Accessory star few weeks ago, I chanced upon Kha at dusk. The scene was really pretty and I sought for an opportunity to dine there. Since my parents had wanted to sample some Thai cuisine, I wasted no time in making a reservation at the restaurant, despite the dismal reviews it received at HungryGoWhere foodie portal.

Although the alfresco dining was fully booked, the waiter patiently looked for an alternative at my request. He informed me that I would have to arrive at 630pm for dinner and complete my meal by 815pm for the next booking. We could, however, move over to the lounge area for desserts.

My parents were quite annoyed when I told them about the early reservation. "I'm not even hungry!" my mother grumbled.

All this annoyance dissipated once we arrived at Kha.

Behold! A picture of serenity and beauty.


I have earlier chosen the Chinese New Year Set Menu out of sheer laziness to pick dishes the ala-carte way. I am immensely pleased with my choice.

Complimentary Thai appetizer


Our next dish was the legendary Singapore's very own dish - Yu Sheng, served ironically by an ethnic India (I think). He was not very well-versed in English but we were impressed by his enthusiasm in describing what each ingredient represented.



In fact, my Dad was so impressed, he thanked the waiter with a gift of an ang pow.

LO HEI!


I think their version of the Yu Sheng was a refreshing change from all the Yu Shengs I had so far.


Next on the Chinese New Year's set menu was a platter of Thai Appetizers. If I remembered correctly, they comprised of Crab cakes with Mango Salad, Salmon Paste wrapped around Leeks, Chicken kebabs and Prawns with Basil Leaves.

Daddy and Mummy show the appetizers some love.


We just can't wait to devour them all.


The Fish Maw Soup that came next was pretty delectable. The soup was suitably tangy with tom-yum flavour and I finished the whole bowl even as I declared to the table that my belly was bursting.

Subsequently, the main courses materialized.


There were an assortment of 5 dishes - Steamed Sea Bass in Lemongrass, Soft Shell Crab Curry, Stir-fried Chicken, Sweet Potato Leaves and Chili Prawns. All were wonderful! Mmm-mmm! Maybe I am just easy to please.

We adjourned to the lounge area to be served our dessert platter.


The evening breeze was soothing and again, I must reiterate the beauty of the dusk scene above the lush canopies.




Being all filled up by the excellent dining experience, we proceeded to take a stroll amidst the various gardening landscapes at HortPark, towards the scenic Canopy Walk at Kent Ridge Park.

'Tis was an enjoyable evening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i STILL haven't gone to Hort Park after all your raves haha...i will let u know when i've been there...:PPPP

10:37 AM  
Blogger eha said...

you staying permanently in london now?

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home