Sunday, September 14, 2008

O-Day Random Memories

I think one of the most vulnerable moments in lives has to be when one is exposed on the stone-cold metallic operating table, having no control of the subsequent procedures to dissect your body.

Prior to being transferred on to the operating table, I laid on the trolley bed, nervously waiting for my drip to be administered to my wrist. The anaesthesist murmured warnings of pain and burning sensations as the potion from the clear plastic bottle flowed into my veins.

Ouch, I thought. Okay, girl, relax now and appreciate the music.

The radio/CD was playing in the background and I was suddenly very aware of the lyrics. It was Leona Lewis' bleeding love. And all my ears could hear was the chorus that goes -

You cut me open and I
Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love
You cut me open...


Wah lao, I thought silently to myself. Is this the surgeon's idea of a joke? Can I complain a not?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the surgeon must have a pretty - er - sadistic sense of humour...

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeks, of all times to play that song, the radio station had to choose to play it at that time. (Or maybe it was a CD, then I'd say the surgeon IS sadistic.)

How come you had to go for an O anyway? :/

Take care ah!

P/S: Used to be an avid reader back then in 2006 before this blog was locked. :( Missed your entries!

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home