Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Weekend Geek

After a 5 minute of random browsing, I gave up hope of grabbing any good reads from the library. However, as fate would have it, the foot reflexology session was delayed by an hour. As my mother went for grocery-shopping, I excused myself back to the library to sniff out good reads...

..and Eureka! I found my bedtime companions!


Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
Well, I had wanted to catch the play of Wicked when I was in Chicago last December. Alas, the tickets were sold out on the dates I was available. This narrates the story of the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz; the other 'better' side of the Wicked Witch from the typical fairy tale that childen will never be able to witness. You know how children's fables like to divide good and bad as if they are quite separate when sometimes in life, it is really quite murky. I am almost done with this. It is an entertaining read, all right.


Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
I enjoyed Stardust by the same author tremendously, under the recommendation of a librarian friend. I haven't started on this and well, I hope it's good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home