Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bukit Timah Nature Reserve

Catherine made a date with me to bring our little canine pals for a trek this week. I invited some of my other friends in the last minute and it was a pleasant surprise they can make it to join me in enjoying nature. Heh heh.

Here we are, waiting outside Jervais's Granny's house for poor Catherine who was made to work for a friend on her day off.

Jewel with her new lion hairdo


The Dark Ones


My Beautiful Shot. Whahaha.


Toto is a super poser!


Just ask him to "Take photo!" and he poses.

At 610pm, Catherine arrived! We were set to go!


..into the jungle trail...


..emerging to wide open spaces amidst the rocky quarries




Toto poses once more!


Jack attempts to get Jewel and Jeanie to pose.


Ta dah!


Catherine gives up asking Heidi to pose with her.


The evening was nice and cool. Even so, Jeannie and Jewel still had the knack to look for water spots.


After trekking for a good distance, it is water break time for the canines.




Slurp!


Slurp Slurp!


Okay, Jack is cajoled into posing his signature trademark. This is for you, Joy!


More pictures of Jewel!




Then, it's to infinity and beyond!


No thanks to Ruiling for her very shaky hands.


Soon, the sun began to set and darkness engulfed.


Making our way back in the darkness is abit tricky, especially with the loud insects chirping all round. I was holding fort at the back, shining my miniscular torch to help light up the path. We spotted a few fireflies, which was really awesome! I can't say I remembered seeing real fireflies in my life though. So yeah, that was really cool.

Catherine was hilarious enough to admit she didn't know they were fireflies and was creeped out to spot shining things amidst the dark woods. 'Twice!' she reiterated, 'but I didn't dare to say anything!' Funny lah, that girl.

Dinner was my usual haunt at Rail Mall - Hooked, because I am quite chummy with the owners. Not many restaurants can tolerate the presence of 4 doggies, I guess. I had a good dinner! Burp.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the photos! looks like you guys had loads of fun. i wish i could be there :)

oh, may i steal some of your photos for jeannie and jewels blog?

1:19 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

heh, next time do come along!

sure sure, I am no professional photographer, so no worries. If you use my photos, I'm flattered! wahaha.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i definately will, if and when my shift changes! lol

1:56 PM  
Blogger Luna said...

looks fun!! too bad we cannot make it :( NExt time in sept ok?? :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

all right, let's hope both of you can make it for the next trek!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home