Sunday, August 26, 2007

Automatic Supersonic Hypnotic

My Dad burst into my room and roused me up early morning at around 4.45am.

GIRL AH, still don't wake up, YOU ARE GONNA BE LATE!

I scrambled up madly, half-wondering why my alarm clock has failed me, half-panicking, only to realize it was a good half an hour before my scheduled wake-up alarm. After he left the room, I switched off the lights and went back to sleep, only to have him running inside again 15 minutes later and rattling off about the strategies on how to beat the traffic.

Well, 'tis the day for the Singapore Bay Run and I participated in the 12km Women's Open. Here is my tag, for the benefit of those who wants to buy 4D. Strike already, treat me eat hor.


Anyway, I managed to reach the starting point rather early.

My cousin, Linus, was there to lent me his support since he is quite the fanatic runner.


Waiting for the run to start...


Having a supporter around is cool because you can dunk all your drib drabs with him/her and not have to worry about the bloody queue at the baggage counter.


I did have a wonderful sight of the city skyline from the Sheares Bridge while I was running. I also had to take care to avoid the many sweat-soaked bodies as well as people randomly spitting. If you want to avoid collisions, it is better to keep right so as to avoid the massive crowd at the drinks stop. Not only will there be a mess, you will find yourself an occasional victim of the vigorous soaker. The vigorous soaker pours water over himself very enthusiastically, not giving a damn if an innocent bypasser get a taste of his sweat-water. Bleah.

Anyway, 'tis a good run and I managed to complete the run in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Linus, my supporter and my bag boy!


Ruiling was late. Nei nei nei.


Sandy and Alan was supposed to turn up but were caught in a traffic jam. We met them for breakfast anyway. BIG BREAKFAST! Yum, yum, yum.


Finisher's Medal and a 'You Did It' Flag, courtesy of Ruiling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WAS NOT LATE!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Luna said...

woah.. 12km.. great stamina!!

OH.. did u see the news? a man died during the run right?!

9:50 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

yeah, I saw the news. I heard the news in the aftenoon. That is quite sad, considering how fit he is. 90 minutes for 21km is very good!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home