Friday, May 25, 2007

The Curse of Sequels

Pirates of the Carribean 3 was a myriad of subplots and I sat through the choppy waters of fights, not knowing what exactly I am watching. There are some scenes that generate a huge-ass question mark over my head, making me go 'Uh..', some scenes of wars that never seem to end, and some scenes that try to emulate the hero-talk that reminded of Lord of the Rings (but failed dismally because I do not know what they are really fighting for). If not for Johnny Depp, I think I would have given it a complete miss. But Johnny is losing his novelty, his presence might not warrant a look at the next sequel, if there is going to be any.

I am so befuddled.

Latest haul from the library to quench my boredom in Cambodia, away from my beloved laptop:

Cell and The Shining by Stephen King

Littlest Hitler by Ryan Boudinot

Footprints in Cambodia

I hope these books make better entertainment than Disney.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luna said...

the 3rd pirate movie that bad? I love the dead man chest. Haven't got chance to see the 3rd one yet.

Hey YL, when are you going to Cambodia?

8:36 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Hmm, I don't know if it is that bad. I just think there is too many things going on and I don't know what is happening. Ha ha.

Oh, I am going off on the dawn of Sunday! Have fun at Tagore! Mind the quicksands! :P

9:37 AM  
Blogger liwei said...

Have a happy trip!

3:31 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Gracias, amigo!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home