Saturday, March 31, 2007

Going Through The Motion

Jane has been strangely efficient with her uploading of photos. Can I say I am just so impressed?

Wine-tasting at Winebos was a pleasant experience. Free wine, free canapes, catching up with my best girls. I ought to really count my blessings.

All sugar and spice, and everything nice.


Don't ask me why Sandy and Cynthia are posing with their food.


We're Cedarian Netballers, hoho!



Sandy has so sweetly purchased for me a box of Royce Chocolate Potato Chips, together with some very cute printed coupons to cheer me up. I can't explicate the innate gratitude, or describe how touched I felt. There was like a huge great lump in my throat, and I had to take more sips of the wine to dissolve it. It reminded me of the darn lousy day last year when she similarly executed a perk-me-up surprise. Gracias, amigos. I am so apologetic that you have to spare your shoulders, eyes and ears for me through these times. They must be quite sore, eh?

I roused myself up early this morning to prepare food for the picnic amongst some of the Netball girls. Mister Toto was the designated hunk of the day.


Gosh, the sun was scorching. Toto was surprisingly hardworking in fetching the balls thrown into the sea. He was also, unfortunately, making a great big mess at the picnicking area.


We played Dai Dee and I lost like 60 cents. Boo.


I must reiterate for the first time in my life of playing Dai Dee, I got a hand with 4 TWOS.

Toto looks quizzically at the cards.


So as usual, we played the "Memory" game. Instead of alcohol this time, I suggested we be healthy and be forfeited into doing 5 steps of any exercise regime.

Here is June starting out, being all garang. But this is just the start.


Okay, that is me doing my fair share of punishment.


Yeah, and here is June starting to slack off.


Don't ask me what exercise regime she is executing. I thought the usual was push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, star jumps and whatsnot. She started fluttering her arms around and explained she is executing a pilates regime. Right, June, right. I am sooo convinced, yes I am.

Yep, another one of her incredulously ridiculous exercise regime.


I thought I have died and gone to er-mei mountains where taichi is practised.


Here are more of the unfortunate ones, undergoing punishments. What a pity we didn't bring the Netball along. Could have forfeited them to do some drills with the darn ball. By the way, the netball I am holding on to is running out of air. Can somebody please help execute CPR on it or something?


OMG, its GI JANE!


Ah, here is an unglamorous picture of me being the thumbmistress.


Being the thumbmistress means that everyone has to follow whatever I do with my right thumb. This probably insinuates tht Sandy, in taking my unglam photograph, would have been slow in catching the gesture. Ha Ha!

All righty, time for my therapeutic run.

6 Comments:

Blogger musette said...

I just hope that the chocs can do a little in making your sadness a bit more bearable, even if it's just a teeny weeny bit! Hate to see you looking so depressed :(

And you certainly chose a very good time to do your right thumb act. Phhhbt!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hey! Don't just take it as that u are going thru the motion of getting over the unhappy period. U would have fun even when u are doing that. All of us are here for ya ok!

4:24 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Thanks, girls. Didn't mean to infect you all with the unhappiness. I will try my darn best to get over it ya.

4:39 PM  
Blogger eha said...

you sure looks cute with your thumb and stylo position ^_^

7:16 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

eha: you've got a strange definition of what's cute, don't you!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, a bit late here but I guess everyone has a different definition of what's cute?

Anyway take your time to get over things slowly but steadily... we're humans after all lah. And I'm sure as your friends we'll be there supporting you all the way! =)

On a side note, were you girls at Sentosa? If so I think I understand why so many of my guy friends like to go there on Sundays... =P

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home