Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Word Play

A while ago, I was showing my guy friend some pictures I have taken. We came across a particular girl whom he does not particularly like much. And as we all know, men can be rather harsh and critical.

Me: Wah she looks quite sexy here.
Friend: Please! Where got, don't make me puke.
Me: No what, I think she has a come-hither look.

For the unintiated, dictionary.com defines come-hither as follows:
come-hith‧er  /ˌkʌmˈhɪðər, kəˈmɪð-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-hith-er, kuh-mith-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective inviting or enticing, esp. in a sexually provocative manner; beckoning: a come-hither look.

Friend: What?
Me: Come-hither look lah.
Friend: Huh?
Me: Come-hither look. You know... (spells) c-o-m-e h-i-t-h-e-r...
Friend: Yah! Come Hit Her! Correct, Kiam Pa face!

That must be the funniest shite I ever heard. Come-hither = Come hit her.. whoever would have thought of that?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...! Now that's fresh.

He would have understood better if you had said "Come #!&? me look"..it's a sort of a guy's lingo ;)

7:41 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

wah kaiser, how old are you ah? not yet 16 in human years right! Your language must be PG then, hee. toto on the other hand, can spout R(A) already.

Anyway, using come !@#$ me look on my female friend sounds wrong! Maybe for a hot female who is NOT my friend, then okay lah.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... That's quite innovative. I've not heard of the phrase either, but it sure is a kick to transform it into something else!

I guess it's normal bah. I think it's the harsh part that causes guys to say such things, I'm guilty as charged as well.

Because it's usually quite difficult to get a guy to dislike a girl. I mean, you can be not-very-comfortable with a particular girl, but to fall into the 'dislike' region is quite a feat.

12:50 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Mmm.. you mean it is really difficult for a guy to dislike a girl? You mean it is easier for a guy to dislike a guy? Wah, gender discrimination!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. most of the wars of the past century were started by men rite?

Male-male aggression is common... so it's definitely easier for guy-guy rivalry than guy-gal rivalry. I think.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home