Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Rants

I have been helping set up a site for a particular social enterprise for some time and the lady in charge of corresponding with me is an utterly sweet lady whom I have no bones to pick with.

However, the teeny-bopping intern is someone who completely makes my blood boil. Firstly, he has no idea what he is talking about but acts like he does. Oh my, the empty vessels. Humility, humility, little boy. Secondly, he sends me emails in very bad English which I cannot comprehend. Then, he gets his facts all wrong. I said I would meet him on Tuesday and now he emailed me that we will be meeting on Thursday. Hello, did I even tell you I am free on Thursday? Further, he asked me to forward a previous email he has sent me because he has forgotten what information he has sent me. Look into your bloody sent folder, boy! Don't waste my time, all right? I think I can get the web site done faster without your help.

Sheesh. All this for my share of altruism.

Doing charity is never really selfless. We all get some sort of kick, some sort of self-gratification, doing charity. Yup, that is altruism for you.

Take a look at Japan's Secret Santa. I bet the guy derived immense pleasure being viewed somewhat in a heroic philanthropist light. Hmm, that is quite similar to Yagumi Light in Death Note, if any one of you has caught it.

Anyhoo, BAH to little boys with oversized egoes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why don't do charity lor. Ask for compensation then people wouldn't treat you for granted.

Some people feel paiseh asking you to do for free, some people feel that since you're doing for free, might as well exploit you and don't even bother to be polite.

Sometimes it's doesn't pay to be altruistic. I learnt it the hard way. No point being nice if people are nasty.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home