Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Sacrificial Lamb

In life, sometimes shit happens.

I have been reading on theories behind gambling. People tend to be more optimistic about their opportunities in winning, rather than looking at their losses. Oh, how strange it is for someone like me, in the academic line, to be susceptible to such vulnerable human behavior, isn't it?

I am usually very cynical about human behavior. The one time I let my guard down, I get disappointed. It might not be fair to pinpoint the fault entirely at a person because truthfully, many of us probably do not know what we really want at the first place. At the back of my mind, I myself know the truth. But why on earth do I keep convincing myself otherwise? The gambler's fallacy, I guess.

Well, like my cousin said, try to see the positive side of things. Perhaps you have done society a good deed. I probably have improved the overall welfare of the society and made two people in the world treasure what they have in hand.

Time to move on and stop deceiving myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

babe, good to move on and concentrate on yourself and no one else. This is just the initial part. All will get better.

3:12 AM  
Blogger musette said...

*hugggg* I think we sometimes tend to hope against hope that our case will be the exception, rather than the normal. After all, hope is what keeps some people going!

When the shit in life happens, we just have to try our darnest to use it as fertilizers then.

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

({)({)({)

*MSN emoticons, in case you're wondering.

Anyway, nice analogy by Sandy. When shit happens, use it as fertilizer. Think I need to start producing my own brand of fertilizer soon.

Try to make sure you don't close your heart up in the recovery process k?

加油~!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home