Monday, February 05, 2007

Doggy Busi-ness

One of the fantastic things about participating in the dog hashes is that I really get to discover the hidden magical areas in Singapore I never knew existed. I guess I have taken the urban city life in Singapore for granted and these expeditions just made the untouched, rural aspects materialized. It is amazing, really. It is like a breath of fresh air after all the stale hustle and bustle, crowds, traffic and whatsnot.

So yep, Saturday's hash was spent running on the trail at Chestnut Drive. At some parts of the trail, there were spectacular views of the reservoir.


Hashers admiring the scenic view.


Shanni's looking disturbingly happy despite exhaustion.


As mentioned earlier, I twisted my ankle on the uneven terrain. Well, I kinda deserved it because I wasn't wearing my regular running shoes in anticipation of all the mud and dirt. Instead, I dug out an old pair of almost-forgotten Adidas and wore it despite its faulty lacing. So yeah, you can all shake your head and spit "活该!". The damages of the day included a swollen ankle, scratches and bites on my limbs. Then again, the endorphins at the end of the run, in addition to the brilliant sights, made them all worthwhile. :)

Canines and humans alike, taking a well-deserved break...






Sunday was a busy doggy day again. Together with my two inquisitive dog-crazy cousins, I drove down to the Singapore Kennel Club Dog Show with Mister Toto in tow to display support for his doggy pals.

My little cousins had a grand time gawking at all different breeds of dogs and they were delighted that Mister Toto isn't the only border collie they could cuddle.

Looky, here is another!


I hope this poodle's hair grows out before 2007 is over...


Doggies galore!


Ah, there is the one we were rooting for.


'Twas a weekend passed in a blink of an eye. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat do you mean disturbing happy?

Weren't you the one who told me excerise releases endophines.. and endophines make you happy.. like some legally blonde bimbo??

:P

kekke.. yup.. hashes do bring you to places that you prob wouldn't have explored in your life :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

eh i'm redhead, not blonde!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home