Saturday, January 20, 2007

Green Green Grass of Home

At the ungodly weekend hour of eight in the morn, I roused myself out of bed to prepare food for picnicking. I love picnicking, by the way, explicating the expeditions to Botanical Gardens for the Singapore Symphony Orchestra as well as Movies Under the Stars. There is something teasingly enjoyable about nibbling on food outdoors, despite Singapore's somewhat unbearable humidity.

This time, the picnic was held at a very remote green field off Kent Ridge. It was the perfect place for picnicking - quiet, quaint and free from civilization.

Our little canine friends were delighted to see the open green field and wasted no time sprinting away.


The young and quick-footed Kaiser scurries on!


The elderly and sure-footed Toto trots on.


Much to his chagrin, Toto was coaxed into his usual posing self in front of a lonely wilted tree.




Well, he had a bit of fun with Missy Rabbity.


And sometimes, too much fun can get into the head, ya know. :P


Here is a peek at our picnicking venue...


I brought a picnic mat along, and it looked strangely pathetic next to Kenneth's professional picnicking foldable table. I guess with age, the older generation might find it hard to sit and lie around on the ground huh.

Food!!!


The feast includes appetizers of salami and crackers, main courses of some yam thingy, Roast Beef sandwiches, ngoh hiang and dessert of chocolate cupcakes.

Portraits of our cuddly canine best pals






Who's got the longest tongue?


Kaiser, looking the epitome of relaxation and cool.


Behind the scenes...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pix are skillfully taken AUNT YL. ;) Mister Toto sure did taught me to be more well mannered in the future.

oh..BTW, do you know why i was "!?" K was sharing with me your "cap" secret... :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Hmm, don't mind Toto, he's just really possessive about his food. Sigh.

Anyway, what cap secret ah? How come I don't know?! And I thought MEN don't gossip. Tsk tsk. :P

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat cap secret?

i bet k told you," I AM YOUR REAL FATHER!!!"

muarharharharhar.

BTW.. great picnic.. and i loved loved loved the cupcakes... so yummy!!

when's the next one?

:P

1:55 PM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

Hahaha, well, you know where to get the cupcakes, don't you? I only ate one yesterday, secretly, after I came back!!! That's why my cough worsened....

yeah I bet k said that to kaiser. and Kaiser will be like "HUH?! HOW CAN?! But.. but.. I am so handsome?!"

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home