Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sigh

I am not really the sort of person to go hankering after new stuff or gadgets. Instead, I tend to utilize (or some might say, abuse) my thingamajigs until they become thoroughly unusable or tattered. I don't buy new shoes till they wear out (even when my old running shoes were making my toenails break), my wallets are usually so worn until someone bestows me one as a gift, and my cellphones and gadgets are usually presents from friends or family. Ta dah, I am quite the certified scrooge, ain't I?

So, for the past months, I have been considering getting a new phone. I would randomly enter a telecommunication shop and browse around, gawking at the newest cellphones available. A few caught my eye here and there, but none has this WOW! factor, you know. As such, I always have an excuse to procastinate, shrug and think 'Well, my phone is still usable what.'

Alas, last night, a certain jinx drank from my water bottle during the netball session and left the cover slightly opened. Forgetting that I am not the only who drank from the bottle, I absent-mindedly threw the bottle in my bag. The next thing I knew, I had my stuff swimming around in the bag, including my old, trusty phone. Sob.

Well, the blessing is, all my belongings are so ancient, it doesn't really hurt to see them soaked. However, my phone is currently sputtering the last of its life. I can no longer reply sms-es nor call out. I can only receive calls. Sigh.

I guess it's time for a new phone then. No excuses. Rest in peace, my trusty phone.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, yes i know i'm the jinx! i owe u one ok! =p

At least i gave you an excuse to get a new phone!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think she needs the new phone more than she needs the excuse now ;P

11:11 AM  
Blogger jellybeano said...

eh very unsympathetic leh you all!

3:00 PM  
Blogger eha said...

what phone are you interested? can give you some suggestions.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home