Monday, April 04, 2011

Types of Therapy

Here is my planned list of therapies to heal thyself.

Intensive Sports Therapy
Exercise releases endorphins, which in turn cause us to have what is commonly known as a "natural high" or a "runners high". I run harder, faster and longer. I lift weights, the heavier the better. I stretch beyond my usual limits, glad to feel physical pain. Give me muay thai, kick-boxing, wind-surfing... anything to release this pent-up angst. Bring them on!

Massage Therapy
After a week of crazy exercise therapy whereby I worked out consecutively for 5 days - running, physical training, jumpboard, muay thai, etc, I suddenly felt fatigued and burnt out. My muscles were aching so badly, I had difficulties just sitting down. I booked myself a session of massage, and had the best masseuse ever. She was soothing, and unknitted all the tension in my muscles with her magical touch. Miraculously, all physical, mental and emotional pain ebbed away for the moment. I slept fitfully that night.

Task Therapy
Giving myself tasks to take up mental/creative energy help tremendously. My entrepreneurial friends are suddenly (and hopefully pleasantly) surprised with my enthusiasim in designing electronic direct mail, magazine advertisements and web sites. I have also taken to reading journal articles on consumer behaviour, creativity and innovation management to see if I could be inspired to pursue any research topics. And yes, as you can see, I have also re-started my blogging efforts and picking up my wacom pen to do random doodlings. Anyone has any entrepreneurial projects? Rope me in!

Tragic Readings Therapy
Reading about tragedies put things into perspective. My problems seem miniscule, compared to what people around the world is experiencing. Were my parents swept away by a tsunami? Did I have to experience the trauma of having my son call me just before his plane crash into World Trade Centre to say goodbye? No. I should be grateful and contented. We should all appreciate the beauty of the world, instead of nit-picking the ugliness.

Well, the gist of this is to keep busy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Babe said...

hey u are finally back onto blogging...missed your blogs :P Take care and let me know when you free to pop by to meet Vera :P

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home