Monday, April 25, 2011

Ow, ow and ow!

A paragraph from my current read "Sputnik Sweetheart" by Haruki Murakami:

No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

It is interesting how people find it difficult to be in solitude. They think they are in solitude, but in actuality, they are still dependent emotionally on a particular presence. Is it so difficult to be in solitude?

I also like the article by Lee Wei Ling on the Sunday papers where she wrote about "persisting, despite everything". I am very much one with an internal locus of control, and I am aligned with her writing that "No matter the trials, one must roll with the punches and carry on with life." Don't depend on some higher forces or someone else, you yourself can make things and live life better.

That said, I had a great Sunday cable-skiing. I think I have mastered the technique of ski-ing off without clumsy falls in the waters. I even managed a round and a half, much to the delight of the instructor. It was quite some fun. The only complaint I have is the immense aches I am currently suffering, my neck to my butt. I have no idea why my butt hurts, but yes it does. And I am sunburnt! Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home